The CardBoard
Introductions - Printable Version

+- The CardBoard (https://thecardboard.org/board)
+-- Forum: C-House! (https://thecardboard.org/board/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The CARDboard (https://thecardboard.org/board/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Introductions (/showthread.php?tid=2014)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

Re: Introductions - JJJ - 03-20-2016

Welcome Samuel/Gus and congrats on your upcoming graduation. Looking forward to "on the ground" vibe information. 8)

Re: Introductions - JJJ - 03-20-2016

Welcome Samuel/Gus and congrats on your upcoming graduation. Looking forward to "on the ground" vibe information. 8)

Re: Introductions - Snorlax94 - 09-10-2016

Hi I discovered this board just a few months ago. I graduated in '95 and have lived in the bay area ever since. I was in Larkin my frosh year and one of my favorite memories from college was storming the field at Cal in '90.

Now that my older son is old enough to join me, I've been attending more football games (2 Rose Bowls, a conference championship game and a FF bowl) and bought season tickets for the first time this year.

I'm primarily a football fan but occasionally watch women's and men's basketball on TV, and now, thanks to the Pac 12 network, whenever my son is interested in a new sport (baseball, soccer) I can find a Stanford game to show him what a great university looks like.

I didn't catch where the Vlad the Impaler thread started but I have visited the island monastery where Vlad Tepes is said to be buried, and I doubt Vlad went to SC because that place was way too classy for an SC alum.

Re: Introductions - SUBuddha - 09-10-2016

Welcome Snorlax, I was '94 and this is my first season as a ticket holder as well.

Re: Introductions - yvonne - 09-10-2016

Welcome, Snorlax94!

Re: Introductions - Snorlax94 - 09-12-2016

Thanks, Buddha and Yvonne!

Buddha, your profile lists your location as  Tucson. If you're flying in from there for the games, boy do I feel wimpy for feeling inconvenienced by the drive up from the south bay.

Re: Introductions - thebob303 - 09-17-2016

Hello,
I have been a long time reader and finally decided to join. I think I've been reading for over 2 years. I became a fan because Elway and the Broncos are my fav team and player and growing up I thought that is just who I was suppose to cheer for was Elway's college. The recent success of Stanford football has made following them so much easier. I figured now is as good a time as any to join the conversation here. I was a (male)cheerleader for the Montana Griz from 2004-2009, so those are my teams. Go Card, Go Griz, and Go Broncos!

Re: Introductions - yvonne - 09-17-2016

Welcome, Bob

Re: Introductions - Leftcoast - 09-19-2016

Welcome, Bob and Snorlax!  Football season always brings in new blood and we look forward to what you can add to the conversations around here.

Re: Introductions - Phogge - 09-20-2016

Been on for a few months. Refugee from Thunderdome. Come from a Jersey and Hollywood film family dating to the silent era. Refused the lure and made a career in San Francisco. Native- SI, SF State. Became a Stanford fan at the '53 Big Game, the crushing tie to UC that kept the Indians out of the Rose Bowl. Favorite Stanford player is still Bobby Garret. Faced the #1 ranked Stanford baseball team in '67 and gave up the longest home run in NCAA history to future MLB'er Frank Duffy. But I earned honorary Stanford citizenship (from DOC) by beating Kal as a frosh with 12 strikeouts. Attended 62 consecutive Big Games even turning down some assignments. Shot over 600 NFL games. My idol is Bobbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb K.

Re: Introductions - BostonCard - 09-20-2016

(09-20-2016, 07:46 AM)Phogge link Wrote:Been on for a few months. Refugee from Thunderdome. Come from a Jersey and Hollywood film family dating to the silent era. Refused the lure and made a career in San Francisco. Native- SI, SF State. Became a Stanford fan at the '53 Big Game, the crushing tie to UC that kept the Indians out of the Rose Bowl. Favorite Stanford player is still Bobby Garret. Faced the #1 ranked Stanford baseball team in '67 and gave up the longest home run in NCAA history to future MLB'er Frank Duffy. But I earned honorary Stanford citizenship (from DOC) by beating Kal as a frosh with 12 strikeouts. Attended 62 consecutive Big Games even turning down some assignments. Shot over 600 NFL games. My idol is Bobbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb K.

Phogge can relate an anecdote or two.  Welcome aboard.

Re: Introductions - yvonne - 09-20-2016

Welcome, Phogge.

Welcome, Phogge. - Redrum - 09-20-2016

A refugee from Thunderdome.  I know what you mean and I know you from the Thunderdome wars.  The SFS reference was the give-away.  Thunderdome is why we are zealous, maybe over-zealous in containing and trying to eliminate the quasi-political and overtly political influence around here.  So far, it has worked  though its not the main reason for hanging out here.  A lot of the really top-notch contributors here are refugees from the Bootleg football board.

Re: Introductions - BobK - 09-20-2016

Is it too sappy to say my idol is Phogge?  :D

In honor of Phogge one of my favorite triva questions:  In 1927 Babe Ruth hit only 3 of his HRs off Hall of Famers.  Grove of the A's being one and two off ???

Re: Introductions - 82lsju - 09-20-2016

(09-20-2016, 01:06 PM)BobK link Wrote:Is it too sappy to say my idol is Phogge?  :D

In honor of Phogge one of my favorite triva questions:  In 1927 Babe Ruth hit only 3 of his HRs off Hall of Famers.  Grove of the A's being one and two off ???

everyone wants to be like the Phogge and BobK.....if BigRed were here we could have a reunion party  :)

With Touchdown Cookies

Re: Introductions - 82lsju - 09-20-2016

(09-20-2016, 03:22 PM)BobK link Wrote:With Touchdown Cookies

hopefully the "seed" Touchdown cookies for the KSU game inspired others for the USC and all future games  ;)

Re: Introductions - Phogge - 09-20-2016

Two off Ernie Nevers.

Bingo.  Of course phogge and I did this one before

Re: Introductions - BostonCard - 02-06-2017

Bump.  We had a couple of new people show up, so they can introduce themselves here.  Perhaps the topic should be pinned again.

BC