The CardBoard
Introductions - Printable Version

+- The CardBoard (https://thecardboard.org/board)
+-- Forum: C-House! (https://thecardboard.org/board/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The CARDboard (https://thecardboard.org/board/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Introductions (/showthread.php?tid=2014)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

Re: Introductions - SF_Cardinal_Fan - 04-18-2017

(04-18-2017, 04:45 PM)CornFed link Wrote:And the (usually) most civil sports discussion thread in existence.  That might be due to the virtually monolithic support for all things Stanford.  8)

Welcome, SF_Cardinal_Fan.

Corn fed ?
When I saw the name CornFed I thought of former Stanford QB Scott Frost, who is a Nebraska native.

Re: Introductions - CornFed - 04-18-2017

Ever so close!!!

Re: Introductions - GaryT - 04-18-2017

Welcome,  SF_Cardinal_Fan!
You'll not find better sports tailgating locally than on the Farm.

Re: Introductions - SF_Cardinal_Fan - 04-19-2017

(04-18-2017, 10:46 PM)GaryT link Wrote:Welcome,  SF_Cardinal_Fan!
You'll not find better sports tailgating locally than on the Farm.

In addition to the season tickets, we did pay $120 for parking. I looked at a map which reveals some lots as "public parking" and others as "Cardinal Lot".
My receipt reads "Cardinal Lot", but I am curious to know if the pass is also good for the public parking areas ?

Re: Introductions - pefloresjr - 04-19-2017

According to the FAQs under General Questions, the Cardinal Parking pass should also be good for the general lots.  (It's less clear down below in the Season ticket holder questions, but I think it should be good for Cardinal and General lots.)  Hope you have a great time.  The Cardinal lots are in a good location.
http://www.gostanford.com/news/2017/1/10/stm-football-parking-faq.aspx

Cheers,
Pete F.

(04-19-2017, 10:29 AM)pefloresjr link Wrote:According to the FAQs under General Questions, the Cardinal Parking pass should also be good for the general lots.  (It's less clear down below in the Season ticket holder questions, but I think it should be good for Cardinal and General lots.)  Hope you have a great time.  The Cardinal lots are in a good location.
http://www.gostanford.com/news/2017/1/10/stm-football-parking-faq.aspx

Cheers,
Pete F.

Pete, thank you for the information, including the helpful link.
DG

Re: Introductions - BostonCard - 04-19-2017

Hi SF_Cardinal_Fan!  I think it's awesome that you are joining us and I wish that more Bay Area denizens would become Stanford fans.

As for parking, it is a convenience but by no means a requirement.  If you are willing to walk a little bit and enjoy seeing the campus, you can park across University ave. for free on Saturdays.  It's also an easier egress from the University after the game.

(04-19-2017, 04:48 PM)Boston Card link Wrote:Hi SF_Cardinal_Fan!  I think it's awesome that you are joining us and I wish that more Bay Area denizens would become Stanford fans.

As for parking, it is a convenience but by no means a requirement.  If you are willing to walk a little bit and enjoy seeing the campus, you can park across University ave. for free on Saturdays.  It's also an easier egress from the University after the game.

Thank you for the welcome.
It is a shame that more regular citizens do not attend their local collegiate athletic events. For several years I have been a season ticket holder for USF men's basketball. The WCC Conference has legitimate D1 level talented teams, including BYU, Gonzaga etc..., but USF's home game average attendance , in a gymnasium with a seating capacity of about 6,000, is probably only 2,500. Current student and faculty attendance is dismal, maybe averaging 50 people a game. The majority the ticket buying spectators are aged USF alumni. I did not attend USF, but do enjoy watching college basketball, and the campus is less than 10 minutes from my house, so I buy tickets.

Re: Introductions - Number 6 - 08-07-2017

Brian was a dorm mate of mine in 1980-81 as well. Lived just down the hall from me on the third floor.

As for myself, class of 1983. Majored in history. Lived in Japan for a while. Came back, got an MBA from ucla in 1992 and have been working in money management in LA since 1993 for a company that was acquired by Franklin Resources in 2001.

Lurked here off and on for a while as guest. Finally joined a couple of weeks ago. I'm well known to fellow T-Domers from the Bootleg.

(02-16-2017, 02:22 AM)Papa John link Wrote:[quote author=eric link=topic=4543.msg188710#msg188710 date=1487216381]
[quote author=UltimateCard link=topic=4543.msg188699#msg188699 date=1487211312]
Now that I've taken the plunge, I guess I better say something about myself. I was co-term at Stanford from 1979 to 1985.

I played Ultimate Frisbee at Stanford (hence, my moniker)

do you know Brian Fouty (dorm mate of mine in Serra in 1979-80)?
[/quote]

Brian Fouty was a dorm mate of mine in Serra in 1980-81!
[/quote]

Re: Introductions - Spiny_Norman - 08-07-2017

(08-07-2017, 10:24 AM)Number 6 link Wrote:Brian was a dorm mate of mine in 1980-81 as well. Lived just down the hall from me on the third floor.

As for myself, class of 1983. Majored in history. Lived in Japan for a while. Came back, got an MBA from ucla in 1992 and have been working in money management in LA since 1993 for a company that was acquired by Franklin Resources in 2001.

Lurked here off and on for a while as guest. Finally joined a couple of weeks ago. I'm well known to fellow T-Domers from the Bootleg.

Welcome, Number 6, from a fellow class of 83er (and AGSM alum class of 89). GaryT is also here.  Not sure about other 83s.  I was in Otero freshman year, then Toyon on and off for the next three. 

Re: Introductions - 82lsju - 08-07-2017

(08-07-2017, 10:24 AM)Number 6 link Wrote:Brian was a dorm mate of mine in 1980-81 as well. Lived just down the hall from me on the third floor.

welcome, I'm also UCLA GSM (well it was GSM when I was there) class of '87

Re: Introductions - Phogge - 08-07-2017

"I am the new Number 2."

"Who is Number 1?"

"You are Number 6."

Re: Introductions - Number 6 - 08-07-2017

You're the old Number 2!

Be seeing you!

(08-07-2017, 04:11 PM)Phogge link Wrote:"I am the new Number 2."

"Who is Number 1?"

"You are Number 6."

Re: Introductions - Pants - 08-25-2017

I've been trying to figure out why Wesley Annan is not on the football roster this season, when it occurred to me that people who lose sleep in August over why Wesley Annan is not on the roster should probably join the CARDboard. So here I am.

As a kid growing up in Pacifica, Bill Walsh and John Elway made me a Stanford fan, and I've been one ever since. Our family has had football season tickets for six years, and we're looking forward to the season. (Although, I'm in the usual bind as an AYSO coach; with the AYSO and NCAA seasons about to start, I don't have my soccer schedule yet, and I don't know any kickoff times for Saturday home games.) Beyond that, sometimes when we're in the area we'll just head over to campus to see whatever world class athletes happen to be performing that day.

I have no direct connection to the school (I'm a UCSB grad, so my football allegiances are in no way diluted), but i wear enough Stanford gear in the fall that some people assume I'm an alum. My apologies for the stolen academic valor.

Re: Introductions - BobK - 08-25-2017

Welcome Pants

Annan retired due to injuries.  As did OT Yarbrough and WR Segina

Re: Introductions - Mick - 08-26-2017

(08-25-2017, 10:38 AM)Pants link Wrote:I've been trying to figure out why Wesley Annan is not on the football roster this season, when it occurred to me that people who lose sleep in August over why Wesley Annan is not on the roster should probably join the CARDboard. So here I am.

As a kid growing up in Pacifica, Bill Walsh and John Elway made me a Stanford fan, and I've been one ever since. Our family has had football season tickets for six years, and we're looking forward to the season. (Although, I'm in the usual bind as an AYSO coach; with the AYSO and NCAA seasons about to start, I don't have my soccer schedule yet, and I don't know any kickoff times for Saturday home games.) Beyond that, sometimes when we're in the area we'll just head over to campus to see whatever world class athletes happen to be performing that day.

I have no direct connection to the school (I'm a UCSB grad, so my football allegiances are in no way diluted), but i wear enough Stanford gear in the fall that some people assume I'm an alum. My apologies for the stolen academic valor.

Hey Pants...I spent a year in Pacifica in 1973-1974, went to Crespi Elementary and lived over the hill from Terra Nova High School on Oddstad Boulevard.

Re: Introductions - Phogge - 08-26-2017

Pants, I played with Bud Bresnahan and Marty Coil at State. Ever play for them at Terra Nova?

Re: Introductions - Cadwallon - 08-26-2017

Hi to all.  I'm a new member who has followed The Cardboard for quite some time.  Tried to sign up in the past, but for some reason was unable to.  Came to Stanford in the early 70's to attend grad school, but didn't finish.  That's a long, painful story.  My wife is a Stanford journalism grad who hates bad grammar.  So, I'd better make this good!  Lived in the Bay Area for 14 years and attended many Stanford games in the 70's and 80's.  Have worked for multiple large corporations since, but occasionally gotten frustrated and started my own.  That is to say, I'm a serial entrepreneur.  Currently own parts of five companies here and in the UK.  All five are in the process of trying to get products to market.  Recently lived in Wales and England for eight years and I am a diehard Welsh rugby fan.

Re: Introductions - Pants - 08-26-2017

Mick... I went to kindergarten at Crespi (long since turned into a subdivision) in 75-76, and still live near Oddstad.

Phogge... I missed Bud and Marty... looks like when I was entering Terra Nova, Bresnahan was winning the state basketball championship for Jefferson.

Welcome aboard, Cadwallon!

Re: Introductions - BostonCard - 08-26-2017

(08-26-2017, 09:19 AM)Cadwallon link Wrote:My wife is a Stanford journalism grad who hates bad grammar. 

You'll be right at home here.  Welcome to the Cardboard.

BC