The CardBoard
Introductions - Printable Version

+- The CardBoard (https://thecardboard.org/board)
+-- Forum: C-House! (https://thecardboard.org/board/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The CARDboard (https://thecardboard.org/board/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Introductions (/showthread.php?tid=2014)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

Re: Introductions - Nan3cy - 08-27-2017

(08-26-2017, 07:17 PM)Boston Card link Wrote:[quote author=Cadwallon link=topic=4543.msg197933#msg197933 date=1503764391]
My wife is a Stanford journalism grad who hates bad grammar. 

You'll be right at home here.  Welcome to the Cardboard.

BC
[/quote]

We can definitely use a sub for Kathy, who's been MIA for a while...

Re: Introductions - MiamiCard - 09-24-2017

Hi folks,

New member here c/o 2003 and living in Miami Beach. I've actually been reading the horrible message board with incompetent manager for several years, but figured it's finally time to sign up. Kind of lonely being a Cardinal fan out here in Florida, but I venture out to Cali to see family and catch a game when i can.  Was on the Farm last year vs. WS  to catch McCaffrey before he left...and was just in LA for the U$C game.  Come to think of it, maybe i should stop going to games as we've been routed last couple times I'm there in person..haha  :-[

And yes i stayed up til 2:30am EST watching the game last night.  Looking fwd to contributing!  ;D
-Rob

Re: Introductions - Hurlburt88 - 09-24-2017

Welcome, rob!

Re: Introductions - yvonne - 09-24-2017

Welcome, Rob!

Re: Introductions - CornFed - 09-24-2017

Rob?  Who's Rob?

Welcome, MiamiCard!!  Do you know garvin?  If so, maybe you could add your voice to those who have encouraged him to return to our board.  In any case, look forward to your perspectives.

Re: Introductions - MiamiCard - 09-24-2017

MiamiCard = Rob 8)
Don't know Garvin, bud. Sorry can't help there.

(09-24-2017, 11:37 AM)CornFed link Wrote:Rob?  Who's Rob?

Welcome, MiamiCard!!  Do you know garvin?  If so, maybe you could add your voice to those who have encouraged him to return to our board.  In any case, look forward to your perspectives.

Re: Introductions - CornFed - 09-24-2017

(09-24-2017, 12:08 PM)MiamiCard link Wrote:MiamiCard = Rob 8)

[quote author=CornFed link=topic=4543.msg202578#msg202578 date=1506278246]
Rob?  Who's Rob?

[/quote]

Oh well.  Doesn't diminish my joy in getting you on the Cardboard in the least.  👍

Re: Introductions - Nan3cy - 09-24-2017

(09-24-2017, 12:08 PM)MiamiCard link Wrote:MiamiCard = Rob 8)

[quote author=CornFed link=topic=4543.msg202578#msg202578 date=1506278246]
Rob?  Who's Rob?

[/quote]

You might want to look Garvin up, Rob -- he works for the Herald and will be absolutely sure to watch any Stanford sporting event that's available in your neck of the woods. You can celebrate or mourn together. You will never find a more intensely Stanford fan.

Re: Introductions - BostonCard - 09-24-2017

(09-24-2017, 01:26 PM)Nan3cy link Wrote:You will never find a more intensely Stanford fan.

Bobk clears his throat... hyperbole aside, I agree.

BC

Re: Introductions - Phogge - 10-04-2017

If Garvin comes back I hope he brings Carl Hiaasen with him.

Re: Introductions - BobK - 10-04-2017

That would be outstanding Phogge

Re: Introductions - Snorlax94 - 10-17-2017

It's been a while since I looked in here so I'm catching up.

Welcome Pants! Yes, so glad to see more local folks supporting Stanford! In my section of the stadium, many non-alum locals are the best, most loyal supporters and I always have fun cheering with fellow Cardinal supporters!

Welcome Cadwallon! Man you make me curious about your grad school experience if you ever want to share it.

And welcome Miami Card/Rob! The Rob part was funny to me because so often on the Internet when I'm using a handle I almost sign posts with my name out of habit, so i can relate. But don't worry, no axe murderers here that I know of so I think you're safe.

RE: Introductions - BostonCard - 04-24-2018

For whatever reason, I can't get rid of the green arrow depicting that there are new posts in this thread no matter how many times I look at it. All other threads have been marked as "read".

Weird.

BC

RE: Introductions - CompSci87 - 04-24-2018

I think this software keeps track not only of the highest post in the thread you've seen, but also if you've seen all pages. And that data wasn't carried over from the old software. So you may have to visit each of the 52 pages to kill the green arrow. Ugh. Stupid feature.

RE: Introductions - admin - 04-24-2018

No, I hit the last page link and it went away. The other thing you can do is mark the forum read, which would clear everything and only those after today will show up.

Get used to the new forum because we're not going back.

RE: Introductions - BostonCard - 04-25-2018

Yeah! It's fixed. It was nagging at my OCD.

BC

I see your Florida fan loneliness claim and raise you - Redrum - 05-07-2018

(09-24-2017, 10:25 AM)MiamiCard Wrote:  Hi folks,

New member here c/o 2003 and living in Miami Beach. I've actually been reading the horrible message board with incompetent manager for several years, but figured it's finally time to sign up. Kind of lonely being a Cardinal fan out here in Florida, but I venture out to Cali to see family and catch a game when i can.  Was on the Farm last year vs. WS  to catch McCaffrey before he left...and was just in LA for the U$C game.  Come to think of it, maybe i should stop going to games as we've been routed last couple times I'm there in person..haha  :-[
And yes i stayed up til 2:30am EST watching the game last night.  Looking fwd to contributing!  ;D
-Rob

I'll see your Florida isolation claim and raise you an Alabama total denial claim.  Around here they are in denial that football is played any place else but Tuscaloosa or Auburn. They DO recognize other SEC games, but only when Alabama and Auburn have a date playing on the road in another SEC opponent's stadium.   At least in Florida there is an off-hand chance of running into somebody who is not in an SEC-induced trance.   But now I know you're out there, when the late Stanford game wraps up at 1:30 am my time, I'll be comforted that there's a person sacrificing and suffering more...but an hour later than I am.  Bunch of whiner Stanford fans out there in PST/PDT.  Welcome to the Cardboard!

RE: Introductions - bbm233 - 06-07-2018

Converted to this board a year or so ago when the commercial one fell into neglect.

Have been a Stanford fan since my dad was doing his PhD coursework and we lived in Escondido Village. Those two years happened to correspond to the Plunkett and Bunce Rose Bowl teams. Got my undergrad degree during the Elway, Buckley, Paye years (no bowl games at all). Was in the stands for the Play - my freshman year.

Was always a sports fan, but had the privilege of having a work-study job on campus in the AD. Got to go to football practice every day and blow the air horn, move the blocking sleds around, and shag balls for the kickers. Stood next to the coach during televised games so Mom could see I was still in school. Had a pass key to pretty much every padlock on campus, and the keys to a University pickup truck. Got to eat at training table. Nobody had a better work-study job than me.

My handle is the license plate number from a van my wife and I lived in for six months while we drove around Australia. I now live in Seattle, and make it to campus once or twice a year. I have a niece who played VB and a nephew who played golf on the farm.

RE: Introductions - CornFed - 06-08-2018

(06-07-2018, 02:25 PM)bbm233 Wrote:  Converted to this board a year or so ago when the commercial one fell into neglect.

Have been a Stanford fan since my dad was doing his PhD coursework and we lived in Escondido Village. Those two years happened to correspond to the Plunkett and Bunce Rose Bowl teams. Got my undergrad degree during the Elway, Buckley, Paye years (no bowl games at all). Was in the stands for the Play - my freshman year.

Was always a sports fan, but had the privilege of having a work-study job on campus in the AD. Got to go to football practice every day and blow the air horn, move the blocking sleds around, and shag balls for the kickers. Stood next to the coach during televised games so Mom could see I was still in school. Had a pass key to pretty much every padlock on campus, and the keys to a University pickup truck. Got to eat at training table. Nobody had a better work-study job than me.

My handle is the license plate number from a van my wife and I lived in for six months while we drove around Australia. I now live in Seattle, and make it to campus once or twice a year. I have a niece who played VB and a nephew who played golf on the farm.

Welcome bbm233!  The 1970 and 1971 football seasons were my first experiences with Stanford football.  They are still the most exciting full seasons of Stanford football I have ever witnessed.  I am hoping that might change with the upcoming season.  ?

RE: Introductions - JJJ - 06-08-2018

(06-07-2018, 02:25 PM)bbm233 Wrote:  Converted to this board a year or so ago when the commercial one fell into neglect.

Welcome bbm233! We must've overlapped by 3 years (I was a soph for The Play) but I can't really remember a Buckley era--did he really get to play much? Felllow '85er but my memory is fuzzy as far as PT. Thanks for jogging my memory.