The CardBoard
Are we in a pandemic or not? - Printable Version

+- The CardBoard (https://thecardboard.org/board)
+-- Forum: C-House! (https://thecardboard.org/board/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The CARDboard (https://thecardboard.org/board/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Are we in a pandemic or not? (/showthread.php?tid=20454)

Are we in a pandemic or not? - gailtate - 09-16-2020

If we are, then let's just acknowledge that the straw-grasping efforts to force-fit college football into best-practice health protocols right are making a mockery of public health. To wit: Jon Wilner's petulant yearning for the Pac-12 to follow the Brain Trust of the Big Ten, the noted arbiter of all things epidemiological. I get that Wilner's looking out for his livelihood. My wife's business wasn't "decimated" in the last six months. It was annihilated. It DIED. But so did a lot of people, which is quite another matter.

RE: Are we in a pandemic or not? - OutsiderFan - 09-16-2020

Arkansas State is postponing games because it doesn't have enough players at a certain position group due to Covid infection.

Ed Oregon says "Most but not all of our players have had Covid" and then adds "hopefully they won't get it again so they don't miss any games."  I missed the part about caring about their health.

The NFL has done a very good job avoiding Covid infections. College campuses not so much. There is no way the NFL would be pressing forward with as many Covid infections as ACC, Big-12, and SEC teams have had.

lex24 - lex24 - 09-16-2020

Covid Board

RE: Are we in a pandemic or not? - Maple Leaf - 09-16-2020

(09-16-2020, 02:32 PM)OutsiderFan Wrote:  Arkansas State is postponing games because it doesn't have enough players at a certain position group due to Covid infection.

Ed Oregon says "Most but not all of our players have had Covid" and then adds "hopefully they won't get it again so they don't miss any games."  I missed the part about caring about their health.  Hey Eddie, how about being hopefull that your players don't miss any educational/class time.

The NFL has done a very good job avoiding Covid infections. College campuses not so much. There is no way the NFL would be pressing forward with as many Covid infections as ACC, Big-12, and SEC teams have had.

RE: Are we in a pandemic or not? - Phogge - 09-16-2020

Orgeron is a man for his times. Unfortunately those times are the 14th Century.

RE: Are we in a pandemic or not? - old spanish trail - 09-16-2020

Orgeron is a man for his times. Unfortunately those times are the 14th Century.

LOL, cameraman

RE: Are we in a pandemic or not? - akiddoc - 09-16-2020

(09-16-2020, 05:59 PM)Phogge Wrote:  Orgeron is a man for his times. Unfortunately those times are the 14th Century.
Okay. That's funny.

lex24 - lex24 - 09-16-2020

(09-16-2020, 07:07 PM)akiddoc Wrote:  
(09-16-2020, 05:59 PM)Phogge Wrote:  Orgeron is a man for his times. Unfortunately those times are the 14th Century.
Okay. That's funny.

Excellent Phogge.

RE: Are we in a pandemic or not? - JustAnotherFan - 09-17-2020

(09-16-2020, 03:12 PM)Maple Leaf Wrote:  
(09-16-2020, 02:32 PM)OutsiderFan Wrote:  Arkansas State is postponing games because it doesn't have enough players at a certain position group due to Covid infection.

Ed Oregon says "Most but not all of our players have had Covid" and then adds "hopefully they won't get it again so they don't miss any games."  I missed the part about caring about their health.  Hey Eddie, how about being hopefull that your players don't miss any educational/class time.

LOL, that's LSU you're talking about.