The CardBoard
Dylan McCaffrey transferring - Printable Version

+- The CardBoard (https://thecardboard.org/board)
+-- Forum: C-House! (https://thecardboard.org/board/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The CARDboard (https://thecardboard.org/board/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Dylan McCaffrey transferring (/showthread.php?tid=20455)

Dylan McCaffrey transferring - donkey687 - 09-16-2020

Do we want him? Does he want us? He would be eligible next fall with two years left.  He could be a good bridge between Mills who may go pro and McKee who is less experienced.  Seems like Stanford could be a good fit for him.
https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/29900092/michigan-qb-dylan-mccaffrey-opting-season-seek-transfer

RE: Dylan McCaffrey transferring - BostonCard - 09-16-2020

Quote:McCaffrey's parents, including father Ed, who is the head coach at Northern Colorado, had been vocal in their displeasure with the Big Ten's decision to postpone the season. The McCaffreys had participated in spreading the Big Ten parents' message asking for answers from the league and calling for commissioner Kevin Warren to reverse his decision.

Can't imagine they would be more pleased to go to the Pac-12... though of course if he transfers he presumably wouldn't be playing this year anyways.

BC

RE: Dylan McCaffrey transferring - SamuelMcF - 09-16-2020

Thoughts:

1. Two-time All-Academic Big Ten. Has he graduated? If not, it's not gonna happen. If so, almost definitely still not gonna happen.

2. Extremely unproven at the college level, and lost the starting job to an also unproven younger player (and according to some rumors, lost the backup job too).

3. I don't think Papa Ed likes Shaw very much, especially after we didn't offer Dylan in the first place.

I could see him ending up at Colorado. Close to home and has a total QB vacuum after changing coaching staffs.

RE: Dylan McCaffrey transferring - teejers1 - 09-16-2020

(09-16-2020, 04:16 PM)SamuelMcF Wrote:  Thoughts:

1. Two-time All-Academic Big Ten. Has he graduated? If not, it's not gonna happen. If so, almost definitely still not gonna happen.

2. Extremely unproven at the college level, and lost the starting job to an also unproven younger player (and according to some rumors, lost the backup job too).

3. I don't think Papa Ed likes Shaw very much, especially after we didn't offer Dylan in the first place.

I could see him ending up at Colorado. Close to home and has a total QB vacuum after changing coaching staffs.

Lots of options for Dylan McCaffrey, especially now that he is passing on this season, whatever its form.  He can go anywhere, pretty safe in belief that things will be more back to normal a year from now.

Agree that one of those many options is NOT Stanford.

RE: Dylan McCaffrey transferring - GK3 - 09-16-2020

(09-16-2020, 04:41 PM)teejers1 Wrote:  
(09-16-2020, 04:16 PM)SamuelMcF Wrote:  Thoughts:

Lots of options for Dylan McCaffrey, especially now that he is passing on this season, whatever its form.  He can go anywhere, pretty safe in belief that things will be more back to normal a year from now.

Agree that one of those many options is NOT Stanford.

Shaw may well have made the correct assessment, assuming Dylan checked all the other required boxes.  His Dad has been around the game a long time, to hold not offering his son a scholarship, even when events have shown it would probably have been a mistake, doesn't sound logical.
My guess they are looking for some place where Dylan can play and play enough to have a chance to show something for the next level.  Seems an unlikely thing to occur.

RE: Dylan McCaffrey transferring - Langdude - 09-16-2020

I think that he might want to just forgo the rest of his college football career and concentrate on preparing for the NFL draft.

-m.

RE: Dylan McCaffrey transferring - donkey687 - 09-16-2020

Shaw didn't offer him because we had Mills committed.  The general consensus here is that Dylan won't want to transfer to Stanford. That may be true but what if he wants to come to Stanford. Would we want him? It seems like we would as he could lend more competition to McKee for the starting role than Jack West. In playing time to date, Dylan has been more productive and looked better than West. If Mills goes pro, I think Dylan would be a great add for Stanford as our QB depth next year is very thin and unproven.

lex24 - lex24 - 09-16-2020

From what I saw of him at Michigan he has little chance of being an NFL QB.  Maybe he should move to receiver. He’s a good athlete.

RE: Dylan McCaffrey transferring - Phogge - 09-16-2020

LOL Lang.

He could play for his dad at Northern Colorado.