The CardBoard
WBB: STAN 62 AZ 48 (Clinched Pac-12 Championship) - Printable Version

+- The CardBoard (https://thecardboard.org/board)
+-- Forum: C-House! (https://thecardboard.org/board/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The CARDboard (https://thecardboard.org/board/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: WBB: STAN 62 AZ 48 (Clinched Pac-12 Championship) (/showthread.php?tid=21587)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: WBB: Stanford vs. Arizona 6pm Monday ESPN2 - martyup - 02-22-2021

That's good suggestion.

RE: WBB: Stanford vs. Arizona 6pm Monday ESPN2 - BobK - 02-22-2021

Back to the game. It’s our normal starting lineup

RE: WBB: Stanford vs. Arizona 6pm Monday ESPN2 - BosCard - 02-22-2021

(02-22-2021, 06:59 PM)BobK Wrote:  Back to the game.  It’s our normal starting lineup

We seem a little nervous.  Brink missed a wide open layup.  Hopefully the team settles down because we are getting good shots.

RE: WBB: Stanford vs. Arizona (ON NOW ESPN2) - BobK - 02-22-2021

Starting cold from the floor. Heat up Stanford

Ok tied it up. Not great shooting by either team. On to the 2 nd qtr

RE: WBB: Stanford vs. Arizona (ON NOW ESPN2) - mbdude - 02-22-2021

Lacie not dressed

RE: WBB: Stanford vs. Arizona (ON NOW ESPN2) - TheFarm07 - 02-22-2021

It's a 13-13 tie after 10 minutes. Despite cold shooting from everyone besides Kiana and 5 turnovers including Brink barreling down the floor and running over an Arizona defender, our defense held up to negate an early Wildcats offensive outburst.

Kiana and Lexie are 2/4 apiece, but everyone else is 1/6, including Brink's 0/3.

RE: WBB: Stanford vs. Arizona (ON NOW ESPN2) - martyup - 02-22-2021

We need to start getting points in the paint.  We've missed at least 3 bunnies and 2 free throws.

RE: WBB: Stanford vs. Arizona (ON NOW ESPN2) - BobK - 02-22-2021

Brink should be running the floor but the passer should see the floor in front of Brink.

Jones is making too many mistakes.

(02-22-2021, 07:23 PM)BobK Wrote:  Brink should be running the floor but the passer should see the floor in front of Brink.
Y, that was on Jones. To's still giving her problems

We're up 22-21 with 4:34 to play in the first.

RE: WBB: Stanford vs. Arizona (ON NOW ESPN2) - BostonCard - 02-22-2021

31-25 at the half.

BC

The finally cooled off on their shooting and we warmed up.  We surged to an 8 point lead and could have stretched it if Prechtel could have hit that last 3.  I was worried after the first quarter, but I'm feeling better now.  We need to just play our game and glide to a victory.

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia.giphy.com%2Fmedia...f=1&nofb=1]

We lead 31-25 at the half.

We seem disjointed on offense, not sure of what we want to do when we get in our halfcourt set. Our scoring seems to be off of one-on-one plays and even then, we attempted some shots in tough matchups that I would like to see us make better decisions.

Also, Haley is so gifted and talented with her offensive skills, but a lot of her decisions leave you scratching your head. For example, why did she attempt to pass a ball into Belibi, when Fran was well covered and did not have position? For only scoring 31 points, we are not shooting poorly at 45%.

Cameron picked up a silly 2nd foul before the half.

Defensively, McDonald has 8 points but required 11 shots to get there. I am not sure why we are leaving Thomas open beyond the arc to go 3/4 though.

RE: WBB: Stanford vs. Arizona (ON NOW ESPN2) - PVTree - 02-22-2021

Need to improve our FT shooting (yes, despite minimal sample size) and not allow them ORs for the second half. Fewer turnovers would be welcomed too.

(02-22-2021, 07:48 PM)martyup Wrote:  The finally cooled off on their shooting and we warmed up.  We surged to an 8 point lead and could have stretched it if Prechtel could have hit that last 3.  I was worried after the first quarter, but I'm feeling better now.  We need to just play our game and glide to a victory.

I am not as confident as you are with only a 6 point lead and our offense still not entirely there yet. McDonald can get hot and so can Reese; we'll have to get out to a better flow on offense in the second half for me to feel more comfortable

RE: WBB: Stanford vs. Arizona (ON NOW ESPN2) - BostonCard - 02-22-2021

Don’t get the ESPN win probability calculator.  When we were up 3-0 early in the game, it gave us an 84.7% chance of winning.  With a 6-point halftime lead, it gives us an 84.4% chance of winning.  Generally speaking, if you are performing as expected, then the win probability should improve over time because there is less time left for the other team to beat us.  I don’t think 84% at halftime is low; I’m just surprised how optimistic it was with us holding a 3-0 lead.

Put another way, what is more likely, Arizona out scoring us by at least 7 in 20 minutes or out scoring us by at least 4 in 38 1/2 min?

BC

RE: WBB: Stanford vs. Arizona (ON NOW ESPN2) - crackpot - 02-22-2021

Arizona throwing bodies everywhere, I'm afraid someone might get hurt.

Couple sloppy turnovers by lexie and haley

Wilson should seal her Pac-12 DPOY tonight.  So far she has held McDonald to 4-15 and has drawn 2 charging fouls on her.