The CardBoard
Kiana Williams Declares for WNBA Draft - Printable Version

+- The CardBoard (https://thecardboard.org/board)
+-- Forum: C-House! (https://thecardboard.org/board/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The CARDboard (https://thecardboard.org/board/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Kiana Williams Declares for WNBA Draft (/showthread.php?tid=21821)

Pages: 1 2

Kiana Williams Declares for WNBA Draft - martyup - 04-06-2021

https://gostanford.com/news/2021/4/6/womens-basketball-williams-declares-for-wnba-draft.aspx

No surprise.

Can we infer anything from the fact that Wilson did not join Ki in declaring?

RE: Kiana Williams Declares for WNBA Draft - crackpot - 04-06-2021

I'm thinking if we don't hear anything from Anna for the rest of the day?

RE: Kiana Williams Declares for WNBA Draft - CompSci87 - 04-06-2021

(04-06-2021, 01:42 PM)martyup Wrote:  Can we infer anything from the fact that Wilson did not join Ki in declaring?

I think Anna has an hour or so left to declare if she wants to. I heard the deadline for final four participants is 48 hours after their last game. 

If she doesn't declare, it could mean either that she's considering coming back, or just that she's not planning to try to play in the WNBA or is sure she wouldn't be drafted anyway. 

Hope we hear more and that it's good news.

RE: Kiana Williams Declares for WNBA Draft - BosCard - 04-06-2021

(04-06-2021, 03:02 PM)CompSci87 Wrote:  
(04-06-2021, 01:42 PM)martyup Wrote:  Can we infer anything from the fact that Wilson did not join Ki in declaring?

I think Anna has an hour or so left to declare if she wants to. I heard the deadline for final four participants is 48 hours after their last game. 

If she doesn't declare, it could mean either that she's considering coming back, or just that she's not planning to try to play in the WNBA or is sure she wouldn't be drafted anyway. 

Ali Patberg at Indiana is returning for her 7th year of basketball/college.  Many others around the country are making similar decisions.  Come on back Anna!

RE: Kiana Williams Declares for WNBA Draft - TheFarm07 - 04-06-2021

Kiana was such a joy to watch, she easily became one of my favorite players early on in her career and every time she hit one of those long range 3-pointers, it was a beauty to behold and I let out a yell of excitement and sometimes a little disbelief at the incredible range she had.

I am so happy she was able to end her Stanford career with a national title in her hometown; it doesn't get much better than that.

I'll miss seeing her lead the offense down the floor; I hope maybe she'll still be available when the Storm's pick comes around. Sue Bird might be nearing retirement and we might need another point guard to go with Canada.

RE: Kiana Williams Declares for WNBA Draft - 81alum - 04-06-2021

Good luck Kiana!  You have given your fans 4 years of delights!  I will never forget your smile, your skip, and all those treys!

RE: Kiana Williams Declares for WNBA Draft - magnus - 04-06-2021

Is it time?

RE: Kiana Williams Declares for WNBA Draft - M T - 04-06-2021

Good Luck & God Bless, Kiana.

Thanks for all you've done for the program.

RE: Kiana Williams Declares for WNBA Draft - Spiny_Norman - 04-06-2021

One thing I know I will miss is how her shots went through the net. Both her jumpers and her floaters just seemed different from those of other players as they went through, like the ball was gently tickling the twine. It was a beautiful sight and sound.

RE: Kiana Williams Declares for WNBA Draft - BostonCard - 04-06-2021

Goes out as the career leader in three pointers in a Stanford uniform (despite COVID-19 taking out a number of games including the 2020 tournament), and she goes out a National Champion, something a long line of amazing Stanford players can't claim.  I will miss a lot of things from Williams, but most of all I will miss watching her joy in playing the game of basketball.  She had an infectious smile.

Good luck to her in the WNBA and thank you for your years of dedication to Stanford.

BC

Ki was my favorite player. I'm wishing her the best in her pro career and in life!

RE: Kiana Williams Declares for WNBA Draft - chimera - 04-06-2021

She had a great Stanford career.  I wish her all the success in the pros and at anything else she chooses to do with her life.

RE: Kiana Williams Declares for WNBA Draft - Griffins78 - 04-06-2021

She is so humble. Love everything about her and her game. It's clear that her kind of leadership had a big impact on the kind of team they became. Their love for her and for Tara are so genuine - it is great reflection of who they both are.

RE: Kiana Williams Declares for WNBA Draft - fullmetal - 04-06-2021

In addition to all the accolades above that I can echo, I will note that her mid-range jumper bailed Stanford out of many busted possessions over this last week :)  As with the rest of the team, sine qua non.  What a clutch player.

RE: Kiana Williams Declares for WNBA Draft - WBB fan - 04-07-2021

So much about her will be missed next year -- the leadership, the job, the smile, the scoring, . . . , and again, the leadership. Stanford can be proud that she was one of us!

RE: Kiana Williams Declares for WNBA Draft - Grad Fan - 04-08-2021

Nice podcast interview with Kiana:
https://open.spotify.com/episode/0NdyZ5KBkI3bx4Mn6ILfnj

RE: Kiana Williams Declares for WNBA Draft - BostonCard - 04-08-2021

Interesting that this article suggests that Wilson is not coming back:

https://www.sfchronicle.com/sports/jenkins/article/Stanford-women-may-have-much-more-to-celebrate-16081392.php

Quote:We've seen the last of senior guards Kiana Williams and Anna Wilson  from this season's Stanford team, and they will be missed.

Don't know if it is a reporters' assumption that just because she is a fifth year senior she is not coming back or if there is info somewhere.  I haven't heard it announced anywhere, though.

BC

RE: Kiana Williams Declares for WNBA Draft - 81alum - 04-08-2021

(04-08-2021, 04:19 PM)BostonCard Wrote:  

Interesting that this article suggests that Wilson is not coming back:

https://www.sfchronicle.com/sports/jenkins/article/Stanford-women-may-have-much-more-to-celebrate-16081392.php

Quote:We've seen the last of senior guards Kiana Williams and Anna Wilson  from this season's Stanford team, and they will be missed.

Don't know if it is a reporters' assumption that just because she is a fifth year senior she is not coming back or if there is info somewhere.  I haven't heard it announced anywhere, though.

BC
Yes, that is what I have been wondering too.  And when there will be some kind of news.

RE: Kiana Williams Declares for WNBA Draft - chimera - 04-08-2021

I expect we will find out her plans at the virtual banquet on the 18th.