The CardBoard
WBB: Bob Murphy Award Ashten - Printable Version

+- The CardBoard (https://thecardboard.org/board)
+-- Forum: C-House! (https://thecardboard.org/board/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The CARDboard (https://thecardboard.org/board/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: WBB: Bob Murphy Award Ashten (/showthread.php?tid=22023)

WBB: Bob Murphy Award Ashten - mbdude - 06-10-2021

RE: WBB: Bob Murphy Award Ashten - PVTree - 06-10-2021

Is this award just for WBB or are all athletes in all sports eligible to win it?

Strong choice, but have not seen the other sports' great performances to judge this one as the best.

RE: WBB: Bob Murphy Award Ashten - BobK - 06-10-2021

All Stanford sports.

RE: WBB: Bob Murphy Award Ashten - 81alum - 06-10-2021

There are a LOT of awards to go around, and this one is about an individual performance, not an annual performance or a career award.  What Ashton did in the second half against Louisville was extraordinary, and without it there would have been no national championship.

RE: WBB: Bob Murphy Award Ashten - Griffins78 - 06-10-2021

Wow! That’s such a great selection. Congrats to Ashten!

RE: WBB: Bob Murphy Award Ashten - jonnyss - 06-11-2021

very cool!

RE: WBB: Bob Murphy Award Ashten - Jskass - 06-11-2021

So glad they awarded this to Ashten. She saved our season right there.

RE: WBB: Bob Murphy Award Ashten - Maple Leaf - 06-11-2021

What makes this award even more special is how Ashten over came early season struggles with her game followed by being in placed in concussion protocol during the team's trip to play the Oregon schools.  She also made a critical steal late in the game against South Carolina.

RE: WBB: Bob Murphy Award Ashten - WBB fan - 06-11-2021

So happy to see her receive this recognition for what was an amazing performance. Louisville knew how special it was. Remember the press conference post game when the Louisville coach was asked what happened in the 2nd half and he said, Ashten Prechtel.

RE: WBB: Bob Murphy Award Ashten - crackpot - 06-11-2021

(06-11-2021, 09:44 AM)WBB fan Wrote:  So happy to see her receive this recognition for what was an amazing performance. Louisville knew how special it was. Remember the press conference post game when the Louisville coach was asked what happened in the 2nd half and he said, Ashten Prechtel.

This. 1000x this.

RE: WBB: Bob Murphy Award Ashten - teejers1 - 06-12-2021

(06-11-2021, 11:11 AM)crackpot Wrote:  
(06-11-2021, 09:44 AM)WBB fan Wrote:  So happy to see her receive this recognition for what was an amazing performance. Louisville knew how special it was. Remember the press conference post game when the Louisville coach was asked what happened in the 2nd half and he said, Ashten Prechtel.

This. 1000x this.

Plus, it was to get to the Final Four, which is a major accomplishment.  [How disappointing would it have been for this team to not even make it to San Antonio?].

Honestly, if a player goes nuts to carry his/her team to the Final Four, I think that's more notable than having such a game in the national semis.  
That may sound illogical, but I bet a lot of folks share that outlook.  [I'll never forget Mad Dog's statement after Rhode Island - words to the effect of "We're going to the Final Four and it's all because of Arthur Lee!"].

RE: WBB: Bob Murphy Award Ashten - crackpot - 06-12-2021

(06-12-2021, 11:04 AM)teejers1 Wrote:  
(06-11-2021, 11:11 AM)crackpot Wrote:  

This. 1000x this.

Plus, it was to get to the Final Four, which is a major accomplishment.  [How disappointing would it have been for this team to not even make it to San Antonio?].

Honestly, if a player goes nuts to carry his/her team to the Final Four, I think that's more notable than having such a game in the national semis.  
That may sound illogical, but I bet a lot of folks share that outlook.  [I'll never forget Mad Dog's statement after Rhode Island - words to the effect of "We're going to the Final Four and it's all because of Arthur Lee!"].

Tara's long said that was the hardest game to win.