The CardBoard
football game attendance COVID rules - Printable Version

+- The CardBoard (https://thecardboard.org/board)
+-- Forum: C-House! (https://thecardboard.org/board/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The CARDboard (https://thecardboard.org/board/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: football game attendance COVID rules (/showthread.php?tid=22269)

Pages: 1 2

football game attendance COVID rules - 82lsju - 09-13-2021

Quote:Prior to entering Cardinal football games at Stanford Stadium, spectators 12 and older will need to visit a tent marked "COVID-19 Vaccine or Testing Verification" where they will present vaccine or testing documentation and receive a wristband. Verification tents will open three hours prior to kickoff. Fans are encouraged to visit a verification tent as early as possible.
Fans at outdoor facilities will be encouraged but not required to wear masks while inside the venue. Fans at indoor facilities will be required to wear masks unless actively eating or drinking.

https://gostanford.com/news/2021/8/27/athletics-2021-22-fan-attendance-policies.aspx

map of where the proof of vaccination tents are located here

https://gostanford.com/documents/2021/9/13/Parking_Map_2021_VACCINE.pdf

RE: football game attendance COVID rules - CompSci87 - 09-13-2021

Interesting, that's much the opposite approach to what volleyball is taking for entry to Maples. There you just get an email saying that by presenting your ticket to the scanner you affirm you are vaccinated or have tested negative in the last 72 hours.

RE: football game attendance COVID rules - 82lsju - 09-13-2021

(09-13-2021, 11:53 AM)CompSci87 Wrote:  Interesting, that's much the opposite approach to what volleyball is taking for entry to Maples. There you just get an email saying that by presenting your ticket to the scanner you affirm you are vaccinated or have tested negative in the last 72 hours.

the page was updated with new language today so it looks like you now need to show either proof of vaccination or negative test results to get into Maples

From the Football kickoff time email it looks like the change takes effect on 20 Sept 2021

Quote:Beginning Sept. 20, spectators attending Cardinal Athletics events in Stanford Stadium and Maples Pavilion will be required to provide proof of vaccination or a negative COVID-19 test taken within 72 hours of the event’s start time. 

Good to know that! Thanks!

RE: football game attendance COVID rules - chrisk - 09-13-2021

(09-13-2021, 11:53 AM)CompSci87 Wrote:  Interesting, that's much the opposite approach to what volleyball is taking for entry to Maples. There you just get an email saying that by presenting your ticket to the scanner you affirm you are vaccinated or have tested negative in the last 72 hours.

Did you feel comfortable with that?

RE: football game attendance COVID rules - M T - 09-13-2021

There seems to be conflicting information on GoStanford.com:
Quote:Event attendees at other Stanford Athletics venues will be asked to complete a COVID-19 self attestation by scanning their ticket upon entering the facility. In doing so, spectators will attest that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or have received a negative result on a COVID-19 test (PCR or antigen) within 72 hours of the event date, and are not experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, or have not had close contact with any individual who has tested positive in the past 14 days.

But the table below that shows no attestation needed at Varsity Field Hockey Turf or Avery Aquatic Center.

I suspect the table (from 8/29) is out of date and is not current to the 9/13 update.

(I missed this initially: The policy is in effect on 9/20. So the WVB game on Tuesday is not covered. "Stanford's women's volleyball match vs. California on Wednesday, Sept. 22 will be the first event requiring verification of COVID-19 vaccination or a negative test for fans to be allowed entry. ")

(09-13-2021, 02:48 PM)M T Wrote:  There seems to be conflicting information on GoStanford.com:
Quote:Event attendees at other Stanford Athletics venues will be asked to complete a COVID-19 self attestation by scanning their ticket upon entering the facility. In doing so, spectators will attest that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or have received a negative result on a COVID-19 test (PCR or antigen) within 72 hours of the event date, and are not experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, or have not had close contact with any individual who has tested positive in the past 14 days.

But the table below that shows no attestation needed at Varsity Field Hockey Turf or Avery Aquatic Center.

I suspect the table (from 8/29) is out of date and is not current to the 9/13 update.

(I missed this initially:  The policy is in effect on 9/20.  So the WVB game on Tuesday is not covered.  "Stanford's women's volleyball match vs. California on Wednesday, Sept. 22 will be the first event requiring verification of COVID-19 vaccination or a negative test for fans to be allowed entry. ")

The proof of vaccination applies to ticketed events so Field Hockey and Avery are not included. The new policy is planned to remain effective until 11/1, so there will be an update prior to the 3 November football games.

(09-13-2021, 02:48 PM)M T Wrote:  There seems to be conflicting information on GoStanford.com:

(I missed this initially:  The policy is in effect on 9/20.  So the WVB game on Tuesday is not covered.  "Stanford's women's volleyball match vs. California on Wednesday, Sept. 22 will be the first event requiring verification of COVID-19 vaccination or a negative test for fans to be allowed entry. ")

The proof of vaccination applies to ticketed events so Field Hockey and Avery are not included.  The new policy is planned to remain effective until 11/1, so there will be an update prior to the 3 November football games.

from the FAQ under the table

Quote:Beginning September 20, proof of vaccination or a negative PCR or LAMP COVID test taken within 72 hours of the event start time is required for entry to ticketed events in Stanford Stadium and Maples Pavilion. Sports that currently fall under this protocol include football, men's basketball, women's basketball and women's volleyball.

At this time, proof of vaccination or negative test is not required for any other fall or winter sport.

Per the California Department of Public Health ("CDPH") requirements and recommendations, this policy will remain in effect until November 1, 2021.

RE: football game attendance COVID rules - winflop - 09-13-2021

I'm going to be writing to the Athletic Department to encourage them to have tents in or near the season ticket holder parking lots. Put them closer to where people are tailgaiting. Don't make your most loyal fans walk all the way to the stadium, wait in what will undoubtedly be a long line, and then walk back.

Better yet, why not use CLEAR like several other college & pro teams are? We are going to a Raiders game in October and the registration process was simple & straightforward and we did it at home. We just show up, present our pass, and go in.

Setting up a couple tents in the parking lots seems like a good idea.

I bet there are going to be strapped to set up a smooth process in 10 days. I’m see for a football sized crowd they really want to keep the vaccine checking away from the gates.

The gates can be a bottleneck even for a medium sized crowd.

(09-13-2021, 06:03 PM)chrisk Wrote:  Setting up a couple tents in the parking lots seems like a good idea.

I bet there are going to be strapped to set up a smooth process in 10 days.  I’m see for a football sized crowd they really want to keep the vaccine checking away from the gates.

The gates can be a bottleneck even for a medium sized crowd.

no kidding, if 30,000 people actually attend that is 7,500 people per tent.  Even if they all showed up linearly the entire three hours the tents are open that is 2,500 people/tent/hour.   When we went to the concert at Frost it took 1-2 min per person to get through the vaccine/test result check, let's assume 1 min/person at the football game, that's ~40 people per minute.  At the concert they did not check ID (even though they said they would) so maybe 1 min/person is optimistic.  In any case I would suggest having a photo of your ID as well as your vaccination card/test result on your phone.

two of the tents are by gates (10 and 5), one is by CTG for the high rollers (you know who you are), the other is "south" of Gate 12.  Gates 10 and 12 both got the "expanded entry way to be mega-gates to ease ingress" this year, we'll see what that really means.  

The tents open 3 hours before kickoff, I'd be willing to bet that there will be a mess getting in from

- people going to the gates without having visited the tents
- at the tents starting ~30 min before kickoff

this will be made worse by STHs who e-transfer their tickets to others without telling them about the proof of vaccination/testing requirement....

and from the map it looks like only gates 2, 4, 5, 10, and 12 will be entry gates this year given those are the only ones shown on the map

RE: football game attendance COVID rules - winflop - 09-13-2021

I think we are going to hit the tents before we start tailgating. Just get it out of the way

(09-13-2021, 02:06 PM)chrisk Wrote:  

Did you feel comfortable with that?

I wasn't too worried. I'm vaccinated and kept my mask on indoors, and I didn't think there would be a lot of cheaters on the policy coming to Stanford WVB game. Though possibly I'm too optimistic, as I am in a high risk group.

RE: football game attendance COVID rules - martyup - 09-13-2021

Sounds like it's a good thing we have low attendance at our home games.  IMO, this process will make it even lower.

lex24 - lex24 - 09-14-2021

(09-13-2021, 09:23 PM)martyup Wrote:  Sounds like it's a good thing we have low attendance at our home games.  IMO, this process will make it even lower.

I’m vaxxed. But I probably won’t do this. Too much of a pain in the ass.  I’m already driving over an hour.  Walking a long distance to the stadium. Fighting traffic. ( despite low attendance). Stanford has not done a good job maximizing the experience.

And really, what does it achieve?  The overwhelming medical/scientific evidence is that outdoor transmission is very rare.  

The Giants aren’t doing this.  Does anyone know if the Niners are?  I’m thinking  this may be a Santa Clara County mandate issue.

Hell, Stanford football achieves social distancing in the stands even when there is no COVID.  The tailgates are probably more densely populated.

RE: lex24 - martyup - 09-14-2021

(09-14-2021, 08:13 AM)lex24 Wrote:  
(09-13-2021, 09:23 PM)martyup Wrote:  Sounds like it's a good thing we have low attendance at our home games.  IMO, this process will make it even lower.

And really, what does it achieve?  The overwhelming medical/scientific evidence is that outdoor transmission is very rare.  

Add to that, the CDC says that even if you are jabbed you can still spread the virus.  If that is true, then these checkpoints serve no purpose other than inconvenience fans.  Stanford has been trying to build back football attendance for years, so I sure hope that the decision to erect these "papers please" checkpoints came from outside the University.

RE: lex24 - 82lsju - 09-14-2021

(09-14-2021, 08:13 AM)lex24 Wrote:  Does anyone know if the Niners are?  

they are not.

https://www.49ers.com/stadium/fan-gameday-playbook

highlights

Quote:The 49ers encourage all guests and employees in attendance to get vaccinated

Will I have to be vaccinated or show proof of a negative COVID-19 test to enter games this season?
  • No.
Will I have to wear a mask while attending games?
  • Fully vaccinated fans are not required to wear a mask while outdoors.
Will I need to wear a mask in indoor spaces at Levi's Stadium such as club spaces and restrooms?
  • Yes.

RE: lex24 - 76lsjumb - 09-14-2021

(09-14-2021, 08:28 AM)82lsju Wrote:  
(09-14-2021, 08:13 AM)lex24 Wrote:  Does anyone know if the Niners are?  

they are not.

https://www.49ers.com/stadium/fan-gameday-playbook

highlights

Quote:The 49ers encourage all guests and employees in attendance to get vaccinated

Will I have to be vaccinated or show proof of a negative COVID-19 test to enter games this season?
  • No.
Will I have to wear a mask while attending games?
  • Fully vaccinated fans are not required to wear a mask while outdoors.
Will I need to wear a mask in indoor spaces at Levi's Stadium such as club spaces and restrooms?
  • Yes.

Then it’s presumably not a Santa Clara County thing…

Maybe it’s to satisfy all those fans who were so bent out of shape over the 85% vax rate for the team…

RE: football game attendance COVID rules - Phogge - 09-14-2021

All NFL personnel need to be vaccinated. Except the players. I had to sign an affidavit and will have to show my card to work.

RE: lex24 - 82lsju - 09-14-2021

(09-14-2021, 08:34 AM)76lsjumb Wrote:  Then it’s presumably not a Santa Clara County thing…

Maybe it’s to satisfy all those fans who were so bent out of shape over the 85% vax rate for the team…

I would guess that the Stadium/Maples/Frost current rules are partially to make the on campus venues somewhat consistent with what students are required to do on campus including things like

Quote:All students coming to campus in the fall are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If you missed the deadline to upload your COVID-19 vaccination documentation, Vaden Health Services will place a hold on your Axess account that will prevent you from registering for fall quarter classes.
Unvaccinated international students and other unvaccinated students traveling to campus from international locations should arrive 7 days before in-person activities to complete entry testing, vaccination, and a period of restricted activity.
Registered in-person gatherings and parties hosted by Undergraduate VSOs, FSL, and residential groups in undergraduate dorms and all Row houses will be permitted outdoors beginning Friday, October 1, and permitted indoors beginning Friday, October 8 (may extend beyond Oct. 8 depending on prevalence of COVID in the community). 

https://studentaffairs.stanford.edu/current-covid-19-policies