The CardBoard
Football Tuesday presser for UCLA - Printable Version

+- The CardBoard (https://thecardboard.org/board)
+-- Forum: C-House! (https://thecardboard.org/board/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The CARDboard (https://thecardboard.org/board/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Football Tuesday presser for UCLA (/showthread.php?tid=22315)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Football Tuesday presser for UCLA - Spiny_Norman - 09-21-2021

Vandy game has turned out to be a pyrrhic victory. RB corps and secondary are decimated.

RE: Football Tuesday presser for UCLA - TriangleTree - 09-21-2021

yikes
I saw EJ going into the tent which was concerning, but missed what happened to Jones or Filkins.
Real shame

RE: Football Tuesday presser for UCLA - Phogge - 09-21-2021

They have freshman Barrow and a couple of walk-ons at RB now that Woods has departed. Wonder if Maddox will dress. Maybe Sanders can play RB.

Looks like Slocum has to play. Perhaps Wyrick starts at corner. Also Porter at safety. Need to control with long drives. I'd keep Peat off special teams. He changes to #32 on kick coverage.

RE: Football Tuesday presser for UCLA - Jamesy - 09-21-2021

(09-21-2021, 12:30 PM)Phogge Wrote:  They have freshman Barrow and a couple of walk-ons at RB now that Woods has departed. Wonder if Maddox will dress. Maybe Sanders can play RB.

Looks like Slocum has to play. Perhaps Wyrick starts at corner. Also Porter at safety. Need to control with long drives. I'd keep Peat off special teams. He changes to #32 on kick coverage.

I wonder if Woods would reconsider given the spate of injuries.

RE: Football Tuesday presser for UCLA - BostonCard - 09-21-2021

I mean, Peat is not chopped liver.  But we like to spread the carries around, and we have little behind him.

BC

RE: Football Tuesday presser for UCLA - OutsiderFan - 09-21-2021

It's truly creepy how the Niners and Stanford's injuries mirror each other.

Filkins is Stanford's best RB. He's the only one of the RBs who has the twitchiness needed to make defenders miss, and enough speed to create big plays in space. He needs more carries. Jones and Peat are not making anyone miss in the open field. Peat can outrun a defense to the End Zone. Jones can't.

UCLA's weakness is its pass defense, so perhaps the RB injuries and McKee's passing brilliance will lead to a game plan that will exploit it.

AS some have said a spate of injuries in one year is explainable. When they trend multiple years it is a problem. The Niners are in year two, Stanford in year three. Houston, we have a problem.

RE: Football Tuesday presser for UCLA - CardinalSagehen - 09-21-2021

So let me get this straight.

The only consolation (and it's a big one) is that we are healthy in both trenches and, amazingly, at ILB.  It also sounds like a few guys have a chance for Oregon, but Shaw is often overly optimistic in public when it comes to "next week" situations.

-----
Update

RE: Football Tuesday presser for UCLA - Row80Critic - 09-21-2021

Any word on UCLA's injury status?

RE: Football Tuesday presser for UCLA - Spiny_Norman - 09-21-2021

(09-21-2021, 01:55 PM)Row80Critic Wrote:  Any word on UCLA's injury status?

In today's LA Times.

Quote:Kelly said no injured players had been ruled out for Stanford, but the prospects don’t look good for Mike Martinez. The tight end had his left foot in a walking boot while moving around the practice field in a scooter. Defensive lineman Otito Ogbonnia and safety Quentin Lake also did not participate in the portion of practice open to the media.

RE: Football Tuesday presser for UCLA - 82lsju - 09-21-2021

depth chart here

https://gostanford.com/documents/2021/9/21/2021_Stanford_Football_Depth2_04UCLA.pdf

Bryce Farrell listed as KR and PR
Caleb Robinson as RB2

RE: Football Tuesday presser for UCLA - pcgoode - 09-21-2021

Bruins are banged up as well. https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.yardbarker.com/college_football/articles/amp/ucla_football_practice_report_september_21/s1_16856_35929556

RE: Football Tuesday presser for UCLA - bbm233 - 09-21-2021

Yurosek (sp?) not listed on two deep for either TE position. Yikes.

RE: Football Tuesday presser for UCLA - Row80Critic - 09-21-2021

(09-21-2021, 03:04 PM)bbm233 Wrote:  Yurosek (sp?) not listed on two deep for either TE position. Yikes.

I noticed that too.  Is he hurt or is this the TE version of how Shaw settled on a QB?

RE: Football Tuesday presser for UCLA - CardinalSagehen - 09-21-2021

(09-21-2021, 03:39 PM)Row80Critic Wrote:  
(09-21-2021, 03:04 PM)bbm233 Wrote:  Yurosek (sp?) not listed on two deep for either TE position. Yikes.

I noticed that too.  Is he hurt or is this the TE version of how Shaw settled on a QB?

I doubt that.  It seemed like Yurosek had been doing a good job and would have been listed on the two-deep in a supporting role at minimum.

RE: Football Tuesday presser for UCLA - CTcard - 09-21-2021

(09-21-2021, 03:54 PM)CardinalSagehen Wrote:  
(09-21-2021, 03:39 PM)Row80Critic Wrote:  

I doubt that.  It seemed like Yurosek had been doing a good job and would have been listed on the two-deep in a supporting role at minimum.

Yurosek is the only TE who has caught a pass - he has 6 catches.
I don't see target info available, but it seems he has been targeted at least twice that number of times with just one or two targets to other TEs.
Not being listed is not because of football performance.

RE: Football Tuesday presser for UCLA - needle - 09-21-2021

Very strange to have a RB injured in a game and a camera not pick up that there’s a problem.

That said, there probably is no chance that someone can sub in for Williams and the run defense not suffer. 

We can all pretend and might even be proven right that Peat and generic running back B can do well.

I can’t suspend disbelief that one of the team’s leading tacklers can go away without a major drop off in team performance.

Sigh.

RE: Football Tuesday presser for UCLA - 82lsju - 09-21-2021

(09-21-2021, 02:58 PM)pcgoode Wrote:  Bruins are banged up as well. https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.yardbarker.com/college_football/articles/amp/ucla_football_practice_report_september_21/s1_16856_35929556

UCLA depth chart

https://gostanford.com/documents/2021/9/21/UCLA_Depth_Chart.pdf

At Williams position familiarity and experience loss is a minus.

The recruited players that will replace him probably have more pure athletic ability so a plus. Stanford is going to have to rush Thompson and also contain him. Tough job.

RE: Football Tuesday presser for UCLA - donkey687 - 09-21-2021

(09-21-2021, 01:36 PM)Phogge Wrote:  AS some have said a spate of injuries in one year is explainable. When they trend multiple years it is a problem. The Niners are in year two, Stanford in year three. Houston, we have a problem.

I think we have a covid and low vaccination rate problem.  When multiple players are out for the week after not appearing injured on Saturday, it isn't a stretch to assume there was a positive covid test or two and/or quarantining of close contacts.