The CardBoard
All Right Now - Printable Version

+- The CardBoard (https://thecardboard.org/board)
+-- Forum: C-House! (https://thecardboard.org/board/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The CARDboard (https://thecardboard.org/board/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: All Right Now (/showthread.php?tid=22411)

All Right Now - Mick - 10-12-2021

I know we complain about coaches, players, umps and other things.  It's a little much sometimes.  When I need a little pick-me-up in front of a tough Stanford football schedule, I watch my favorite rendition of All Right Now, performed by the LSJUMB after the first Rose Bowl victory in 41 years. I'll just drop it right here...

RE: All Right Now - CardinalSagehen - 10-12-2021

Classic.  I wonder if some of us have developed a Pavlovian response to this tune, after years of conditioning?  Hearing this brings feelings of power, achievement, euphoria, victory.  More touchdowns, please!  There's nothing like that moment after you know we've scored and before the band starts.

RE: All Right Now - teejers1 - 10-12-2021

(10-12-2021, 08:00 PM)Mick Wrote:  I know we complain about coaches, players, umps and other things.  It's a little much sometimes.  When I need a little pick-me-up in front of a tough Stanford football schedule, I watch my favorite rendition of All Right Now, performed by the LSJUMB after the first Rose Bowl victory in 41 years. I'll just drop it right here...

Thanks!
Just what the doctor ordered after a Giants' loss tonight.

Go Cardinal!  (And Go Giants!).

RE: All Right Now - StanfordIndians1. - 10-12-2021

Thanks for posting this! Great memory of being there!

RE: All Right Now - murky - 10-13-2021

(10-12-2021, 08:00 PM)Mick Wrote:  I know we complain about coaches, players, umps and other things.  It's a little much sometimes.  When I need a little pick-me-up in front of a tough Stanford football schedule, I watch my favorite rendition of All Right Now, performed by the LSJUMB after the first Rose Bowl victory in 41 years. I'll just drop it right here...
Thanks, I needed that!

RE: All Right Now - terry - 10-13-2021

That was a good day!

RE: All Right Now - baymeadows3408 - 10-15-2021

Not only am I late to this thread, but I am going to do a vain thing and mention that I am the one who shot that video. The loudest voice you hear when everyone chants "One more song!" belongs to my cousin. I had no idea that one day the video I shot in standard definition using my not-so-great camera would exceed 100k views on YouTube, but mostly I shot it for myself so I could continue reliving that moment for the rest of my life.

My father, who is the reason why I am a Stanford fan, died in October 2012, so the Rose Bowl victory was particularly poignant for me. He did not go to Stanford but he grew up in Palo Alto and he would talk about going to games back in the 1960s and 1970s and watching guys like Plunkett, Vataha, Bunce, and Siemon play and seeing Stanford win the Rose Bowl not once but twice. We never got to share a Rose Bowl victory together, but that 2013 Rose Bowl victory made me grateful that my father made me a Stanford fan. The losing seasons, the beatdowns from USC and their annoying fight songs, and the dirty looks we would receive from other spectators because of our boisterousness all became worth it with that victory.

RE: All Right Now - terry - 10-15-2021

Thanks for the post, Baymeadows. It's good to see you back in these parts from time to time. And thanks for sharing the lovely memories of your dad!