The CardBoard
My god that sucked everything sucked my god what was that - Printable Version

+- The CardBoard (https://thecardboard.org/board)
+-- Forum: C-House! (https://thecardboard.org/board/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Classic hits (https://thecardboard.org/board/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: My god that sucked everything sucked my god what was that (/showthread.php?tid=4127)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

My god that sucked everything sucked my god what was that - washingtonismoney - 10-27-2012

Thanks for taking several years off my life, Stanford football. I hope you're proud of yourself.

My god that sucked everything sucked my god what was that - washingtonismoney - 10-27-2012

Thanks for taking several years off my life, Stanford football. I hope you're proud of yourself.

Re: My god that sucked everything sucked my god what was that - Hank 91 - 10-27-2012

Here's what I just tweeted:

You've heard of losses that were moral victories? This was a win that was a moral loss.

Re: My god that sucked everything sucked my god what was that - Hank 91 - 10-27-2012

Here's what I just tweeted:

You've heard of losses that were moral victories? This was a win that was a moral loss.

Re: My god that sucked everything sucked my god what was that - Rando - 10-27-2012

A win is a win. It wasn't pretty but I'll be sleeping well tonight.

Re: My god that sucked everything sucked my god what was that - Rando - 10-27-2012

Re: My god that sucked everything sucked my god what was that - OutsiderFan - 10-27-2012

"What the hell was that?" is right.

Nunes now less than 50% against Washington State?  Hogan comes in to relieve him, but he doesn't even throw a pass.  What a disaster of an offense.  Taylor not even 3 YPC.  Just hideous.

Re: My god that sucked everything sucked my god what was that - OutsiderFan - 10-27-2012

"What the hell was that?" is right.

Nunes now less than 50% against Washington State?  Hogan comes in to relieve him, but he doesn't even throw a pass.  What a disaster of an offense.  Taylor not even 3 YPC.  Just hideous.

Re: My god that sucked everything sucked my god what was that - estephan500 - 10-27-2012

(10-27-2012, 06:29 PM)Rando90 link Wrote:A win is a win. It wasn't pretty but I'll be sleeping well tonight.

Like I mentioned in the other thread, if I sleep well tonight, it is the relaxation of solidly lowered expectations.

Re: My god that sucked everything sucked my god what was that - estephan500 - 10-27-2012

(10-27-2012, 06:29 PM)Rando90 link Wrote:A win is a win. It wasn't pretty but I'll be sleeping well tonight.

Like I mentioned in the other thread, if I sleep well tonight, it is the relaxation of solidly lowered expectations.

Re: My god that sucked everything sucked my god what was that - washingtonismoney - 10-27-2012

(10-27-2012, 06:30 PM)OutsiderFan link Wrote:Nunes now less than 50% against Washington State?  Hogan comes in to relieve him, but he doesn't even throw a pass. 

Hogan had two pass plays: one he improvised to a really athletic run and got 4 on 2nd and 3 (reaction: oh, that's a really good run! No wonder they like him!)

Second he takes a probably unnecessary sack (reaction: Oh. That's probably why we don't have a lot of pass plays.)

But, yeah, Nunes. My god.* The offensive line: the worst performance of the season, by far. No push. WSU disrupted. Wideouts: kind of decent! We will take, sort of! TEs: suppressed. Thanks for the drop there Toilolo!

* Is someone available to convince him to take a look at his checkdown to Stepfan Taylor? He's started surveying his progressions downfield, but, you know, that checkdown is there for a reason, sir. On at least two occasions it would've been a positive play.

Re: My god that sucked everything sucked my god what was that - washingtonismoney - 10-27-2012

(10-27-2012, 06:30 PM)OutsiderFan link Wrote:Nunes now less than 50% against Washington State?  Hogan comes in to relieve him, but he doesn't even throw a pass. 

Hogan had two pass plays: one he improvised to a really athletic run and got 4 on 2nd and 3 (reaction: oh, that's a really good run! No wonder they like him!)

Second he takes a probably unnecessary sack (reaction: Oh. That's probably why we don't have a lot of pass plays.)

But, yeah, Nunes. My god.* The offensive line: the worst performance of the season, by far. No push. WSU disrupted. Wideouts: kind of decent! We will take, sort of! TEs: suppressed. Thanks for the drop there Toilolo!

* Is someone available to convince him to take a look at his checkdown to Stepfan Taylor? He's started surveying his progressions downfield, but, you know, that checkdown is there for a reason, sir. On at least two occasions it would've been a positive play.

Re: My god that sucked everything sucked my god what was that - dabigv13 - 10-27-2012

Hogan is credited with one completion for 7 yards, though I honestly cannot recall it.

Re: My god that sucked everything sucked my god what was that - dabigv13 - 10-27-2012

Hogan is credited with one completion for 7 yards, though I honestly cannot recall it.

(10-27-2012, 06:35 PM)washingtonismoney link Wrote:* Is someone available to convince him to take a look at his checkdown to Stepfan Taylor? He's started surveying his progressions downfield, but, you know, that checkdown is there for a reason, sir. On at least two occasions it would've been a positive play.

I saw it once. Stepfan was open 5 yrds down the field. But those passes don't seem easy for him.

(10-27-2012, 06:35 PM)washingtonismoney link Wrote:* Is someone available to convince him to take a look at his checkdown to Stepfan Taylor? He's started surveying his progressions downfield, but, you know, that checkdown is there for a reason, sir. On at least two occasions it would've been a positive play.

I saw it once. Stepfan was open 5 yrds down the field. But those passes don't seem easy for him.

(10-27-2012, 06:32 PM)estephan link Wrote:[quote author=Rando90 link=topic=6761.msg50653#msg50653 date=1351387765]

[/quote]

I see your point. I tend to think positive. I was happy with our pass rush and the Hogan formation today but that's about it. I guess I'm just not surprised we had trouble defending the spread passes. I'm not surprised that their run D did well on a day we couldn't threat with the pass.

My expectations are high. I expect us to win every game, including Oregon. I just get relieved with these kind of games. They really do happen often in college football. We have some weak spots on our team but we still pull out W's. 

(10-27-2012, 06:32 PM)estephan link Wrote:[quote author=Rando90 link=topic=6761.msg50653#msg50653 date=1351387765]

[/quote]

I see your point. I tend to think positive. I was happy with our pass rush and the Hogan formation today but that's about it. I guess I'm just not surprised we had trouble defending the spread passes. I'm not surprised that their run D did well on a day we couldn't threat with the pass.

My expectations are high. I expect us to win every game, including Oregon. I just get relieved with these kind of games. They really do happen often in college football. We have some weak spots on our team but we still pull out W's. 

A Painful admission - socalstanfan1 - 10-27-2012

First, let me say that, as awful as the offensive performance was, I'm happy for the victory.

But, I will admit, that part of me was thinking about the possible silver-lining of a loss: possibly, finally, a change at QB.  I'm convinced it will probably take an actual loss to a terrible team to force Shaw to make a change, or at least to start giving significant reps to either Hogan or Nottingham during the week.  Any decent team we lose to, Shaw will just be able to say, "well, they are a great D," and for each narrow victory over a doormat, Shaw will be able to say "yes, we have to get better, but all the problems are correctable."  Meanwhile, valuable game and practice time for other QBs is lost, again. 

Glad we won, glad we are bowl eligible, etc.  But, afraid we are doomed to another week of this.  We'll probably beat Colorado (but after today's performance, can anyone really predict that with certainty?), which would mean more of the same as we head into OSU, UO, and UCLA.  Maybe our defense can pull out one of those.

A Painful admission - socalstanfan1 - 10-27-2012

First, let me say that, as awful as the offensive performance was, I'm happy for the victory.

But, I will admit, that part of me was thinking about the possible silver-lining of a loss: possibly, finally, a change at QB.  I'm convinced it will probably take an actual loss to a terrible team to force Shaw to make a change, or at least to start giving significant reps to either Hogan or Nottingham during the week.  Any decent team we lose to, Shaw will just be able to say, "well, they are a great D," and for each narrow victory over a doormat, Shaw will be able to say "yes, we have to get better, but all the problems are correctable."  Meanwhile, valuable game and practice time for other QBs is lost, again. 

Glad we won, glad we are bowl eligible, etc.  But, afraid we are doomed to another week of this.  We'll probably beat Colorado (but after today's performance, can anyone really predict that with certainty?), which would mean more of the same as we head into OSU, UO, and UCLA.  Maybe our defense can pull out one of those.