The CardBoard
My god that sucked everything sucked my god what was that - Printable Version

+- The CardBoard (https://thecardboard.org/board)
+-- Forum: C-House! (https://thecardboard.org/board/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Classic hits (https://thecardboard.org/board/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: My god that sucked everything sucked my god what was that (/showthread.php?tid=4127)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Re: My god that sucked everything sucked my god what was that - JeffInCorvallis - 10-27-2012

What's really disheartening is Leach is playing with guys nowhere near our talent level, supposedly.  I haven't seen much of Tuel but what I have seen it looks like he stands in and takes a beating.  That guy is for real, played a smart game until he totally mismanaged the clock at the end.  We knocked out two of their receivers, they put in guys that aren't even on the depth chart and they can still move the ball with no run game whatsoever.  We've got guys like Terrell and Whitfield and Patterson and we can't seem to complete a pass to anybody not named Ertz.  Totally frustrating.  The talent level suggests we should be doing a lot better than we are.

Re: My god that sucked everything sucked my god what was that - JeffInCorvallis - 10-27-2012

What's really disheartening is Leach is playing with guys nowhere near our talent level, supposedly.  I haven't seen much of Tuel but what I have seen it looks like he stands in and takes a beating.  That guy is for real, played a smart game until he totally mismanaged the clock at the end.  We knocked out two of their receivers, they put in guys that aren't even on the depth chart and they can still move the ball with no run game whatsoever.  We've got guys like Terrell and Whitfield and Patterson and we can't seem to complete a pass to anybody not named Ertz.  Totally frustrating.  The talent level suggests we should be doing a lot better than we are.

Re: My god that sucked everything sucked my god what was that - oman - 10-27-2012

To expect us to win against Oregon is just absolutely delusional. 

We didn't have a play maker today at quarterback.  The idea that Shaw has made the correct decisions to get our best play maker at qb appears pretty far fetched at this point in the season.

That's a basic, fundamental, problem -- especially frustrating at a QB U. like Stanford.

Re: My god that sucked everything sucked my god what was that - oman - 10-27-2012

To expect us to win against Oregon is just absolutely delusional. 

We didn't have a play maker today at quarterback.  The idea that Shaw has made the correct decisions to get our best play maker at qb appears pretty far fetched at this point in the season.

That's a basic, fundamental, problem -- especially frustrating at a QB U. like Stanford.

Re: My god that sucked everything sucked my god what was that - Rando - 10-27-2012

(10-27-2012, 06:47 PM)oman link Wrote:To expect us to win against Oregon is just absolutely delusional. 

I guess that makes me delusional. Oregon is just a team. We beat USC, Arizona, and we went into OT against Notre Dame. Our struggles don't define us as a team. I don't expect use to get embarrassed, I expect a competitive game and I'm not going to wake up that day expecting to lose.

Do you think Shayne Skov is going to wake up on the Saturday morning of the Oregon game expecting to get beat up by Oregon?

Re: My god that sucked everything sucked my god what was that - Rando - 10-27-2012

(10-27-2012, 06:47 PM)oman link Wrote:To expect us to win against Oregon is just absolutely delusional. 

I guess that makes me delusional. Oregon is just a team. We beat USC, Arizona, and we went into OT against Notre Dame. Our struggles don't define us as a team. I don't expect use to get embarrassed, I expect a competitive game and I'm not going to wake up that day expecting to lose.

Do you think Shayne Skov is going to wake up on the Saturday morning of the Oregon game expecting to get beat up by Oregon?

(10-27-2012, 06:44 PM)JeffInCorvallis link Wrote:What's really disheartening is Leach is playing with guys nowhere near our talent level, supposedly.  I haven't seen much of Tuel but what I have seen it looks like he stands in and takes a beating.  That guy is for real, played a smart game until he totally mismanaged the clock at the end.  We knocked out two of their receivers, they put in guys that aren't even on the depth chart and they can still move the ball with no run game whatsoever.  We've got guys like Terrell and Whitfield and Patterson and we can't seem to complete a pass to anybody not named Ertz.  Totally frustrating.  The talent level suggests we should be doing a lot better than we are.

This is pretty much what Leach does.  He is going to be doing it a lot more in the future.

(10-27-2012, 06:44 PM)JeffInCorvallis link Wrote:What's really disheartening is Leach is playing with guys nowhere near our talent level, supposedly.  I haven't seen much of Tuel but what I have seen it looks like he stands in and takes a beating.  That guy is for real, played a smart game until he totally mismanaged the clock at the end.  We knocked out two of their receivers, they put in guys that aren't even on the depth chart and they can still move the ball with no run game whatsoever.  We've got guys like Terrell and Whitfield and Patterson and we can't seem to complete a pass to anybody not named Ertz.  Totally frustrating.  The talent level suggests we should be doing a lot better than we are.

This is pretty much what Leach does.  He is going to be doing it a lot more in the future.

(10-27-2012, 06:51 PM)Rando90 link Wrote:I guess that makes me delusional.

You can say that again.

(10-27-2012, 06:51 PM)Rando90 link Wrote:I guess that makes me delusional.

You can say that again.

So is the entire Stanford team then, assuming they believe they can beat Oregon.

So is the entire Stanford team then, assuming they believe they can beat Oregon.

(10-27-2012, 06:51 PM)Rando90 link Wrote:Do you think Shayne Skov is going to wake up on the Saturday morning of the Oregon game expecting to get beat up by Oregon?

I don't think our defensive front seven expect to get "beat up" by anyone.

I think those guys will wake up focusing on how they cannot make a mistake, and how they are indeed capable of stopping Oregon.  I hope they focus on their job and not our offenses job.

(10-27-2012, 06:51 PM)Rando90 link Wrote:Do you think Shayne Skov is going to wake up on the Saturday morning of the Oregon game expecting to get beat up by Oregon?

I don't think our defensive front seven expect to get "beat up" by anyone.

I think those guys will wake up focusing on how they cannot make a mistake, and how they are indeed capable of stopping Oregon.  I hope they focus on their job and not our offenses job.

(10-27-2012, 06:54 PM)Rando90 link Wrote:So is the entire Stanford team then, assuming they believe they can beat Oregon.

You having a problem with the difference between

I expect we will beat Oregon and

I believe we can beat Oregon?

(10-27-2012, 06:54 PM)Rando90 link Wrote:So is the entire Stanford team then, assuming they believe they can beat Oregon.

I guess I'm delusional since I go into every game thinking our defense can hold opposing offenses to 14 points or less when they are on their A game, and our offense just needs to be good enough to score more.

I guess I'm delusional since I go into every game thinking our defense can hold opposing offenses to 14 points or less when they are on their A game, and our offense just needs to be good enough to score more.

(10-27-2012, 06:59 PM)oman link Wrote:[quote author=Rando90 link=topic=6761.msg50675#msg50675 date=1351389287]

[/quote]

Whatever you want to call it. I know we have what it takes to beat them. I believe we can beat them and I will watch that game expecting our guys to pull out the W in a very tough game. I'm delusional.

(10-27-2012, 06:59 PM)oman link Wrote:[quote author=Rando90 link=topic=6761.msg50675#msg50675 date=1351389287]

[/quote]

Whatever you want to call it. I know we have what it takes to beat them. I believe we can beat them and I will watch that game expecting our guys to pull out the W in a very tough game. I'm delusional.