(09-29-2021, 12:14 PM)chrisk Wrote:(09-28-2021, 11:23 PM)CompSci87 Wrote: I'm with Goose in feeling this will be worse for those not coming more than 2 hours early to tailgate.
People who are concerned about lines at the gate have the option to arrive early, so this process gives the fans an option. It is your choice to arrive 30 minutes before the game.
Not quite accurate. The previous system had the tents running for the entire time. I don't want to arrive at the game two or more hours in advance. I arrived last time 45 minutes before time and had no trouble. I spent 10 minutes in line and all was fine. The lines were well organized and were not constrained by the gate geometry. They were placed where there was room. It worked well, so I liked it. Frankly, I didn't expect to have it go that well. The organization was at a relatively high level compared to "normal Stanford".
Now, they are moving the entire operation and re-opening at the gates 90 minutes before kickoff. That MAY work fine, but they are now constrained by geometry. Are they going to have nice organized lines or will it be like it normally is trying to get in the gate, sort of a free for all with a bunch of people clustering around trying to get in? Maybe 45 minutes early will be fine, maybe it won't.
