(11-02-2021, 09:19 AM)Phogge Wrote: How many tailgated and left before kickoff? How many woke up, made the coffee and thought, “UDub game tonight... think I will stay home and watch TCM.”
Don't know about that - A quick check of TCM's scheduling shows they were playing 1971's "The Abominable Dr. Phibes" starting at 8:00. I'm pretty sure our party enjoyed the game WAY more than an evening home watching that.
It was a fun evening at the stadium, I enjoy evening football and it was a way better day than many a game I saw in the 70s and 80s. For the folks who say they like drama in a game on an earlier thread, the game was decided in the final minute of a back and forth game. Yes, the offense needs improvement, tackling was poor at times and we've forgotten how to stop the run but it was Stanford football, a tight game, and a wonderful evening on the farm with friends.
Lighten up Francis ... What a mope-fest we've become!
https://www.halloweenmoviesontv.com/turn...er-horror/
In 1938 Neville Chamberlain declared "Peace in our time", Superman first appeared in Action Comics, Seabiscuit beat War Admiral ....... and C.a.l last won the Rose Bowl.
