We looked horrid. Really horrid.
I have always been a bit pro-Parks, looking at her potential when things are rough. But every week, she is worse and worse. Tonight, Ella Andrews got 5 sets. 5 attempts over a 3 set match, while she hit 400. Parks had 7 attempts herself. A setter should not be getting more attempts than a middle, particularly when that middle can hit.
Look at the attempts per attacker today vs the attempts per attacker in the last match when Wagner set. I get it -- different level of opponents. But that does not change how you spread the offense; at least not this drastically. Wagner is slower to the ball and not as athletic, but she runs a more composed, spread offense.
I really don't get it. I really am just lost as to why Hambly keeps Parks in. She is bad, really really bad. If she continues being our setter, this is going to be a very long season with a lot of losses.
I have always been a bit pro-Parks, looking at her potential when things are rough. But every week, she is worse and worse. Tonight, Ella Andrews got 5 sets. 5 attempts over a 3 set match, while she hit 400. Parks had 7 attempts herself. A setter should not be getting more attempts than a middle, particularly when that middle can hit.
Look at the attempts per attacker today vs the attempts per attacker in the last match when Wagner set. I get it -- different level of opponents. But that does not change how you spread the offense; at least not this drastically. Wagner is slower to the ball and not as athletic, but she runs a more composed, spread offense.
I really don't get it. I really am just lost as to why Hambly keeps Parks in. She is bad, really really bad. If she continues being our setter, this is going to be a very long season with a lot of losses.
