09-20-2026, 04:51 PM
(09-20-2026, 04:48 PM)BostonCard Wrote: Stanford won the first two sets 25-22, but this is Cal Poly; we should be beating them to the mid teens. We lost the thirf set 25-21. Something is clearly ailing the team. Yes, the setting with Parks is way off. But I think its more than just that. They are playing tight. The passing is way too inconsistent. The serving is all over the map. We’ve talked about the lack of a killer instinct. Their fourth set swoon is now a trope. They dont really have a vocal leader, to calm them down when things start hoing off the rails. They need to, as my girls say “lock in”.The team never seems to be in sync. I have no idea what to do about that, but I hope Kevin Hambly does.
Still early in the season, so there is time to turn this around. This is the team that turned around from a disastrous first set and beat wisconsin with a dominant fourth set. The talent is there, but right now the whole is less than the sum of its parts.
BC
