(3 hours ago)Row80Critic Wrote: Worst football loss in 72 years today -- second worst in school history -- against Wake Forest. When they hired Luck, I had some hope the administration wanted change. When they hired Tavita, I knew they didn't. Not that it's Luck or Pritchard's fault, per se. The administration looked for people that would honor the "Stanford way," which not-so-subtle code for 'don't rock the boat" or else. The admin has this fantasy that everything can stay the same -- academic arrogance and all -- yet somehow the results will be different. It is logic unbecoming of the University. The administration should be ashamed of itself.
I would like to know what Emeka Ugorji, a tackle last year at Stanford who showed raw potential as a frosh, is being paid at Florida (where he's a starter on an undefeated team coming into today) compared to the highest and best offer Stanford came up with.
That said, Wake Forest at least is probably pretty good--maybe 10-win good. So, I'd agree with KartyFan that it is smart not to act like Kal fans and give this admin a bit more time before declaring it all a sham.
