09-27-2021, 05:37 PM
(09-27-2021, 05:00 PM)bbm233 Wrote:(09-27-2021, 03:49 PM)winflop Wrote: Looks like they're playing 36. I'm surprised to not see a substitute on the scoreboard
From what I can glean with a quick search, substitutions are only allowed in the NCAA regional and championship tournaments. However, I suspect if Seay is OK tomorrow, she will be allowed to compete. You occasionally will see a player DQ in a round, but back in action the next day.
The primary reason that Stanford (and others) have extra players participating in this tourney, as individuals, is that it is close to campus, and it is a reward for the players who don't make the top 5 regularly.
The golfers from Oregon State and San Jose State who played with Seay this morning are not playing this afternoon. We can certainly speculate what that might mean. If we don't see a statement from Stanford about what's going on, we can check social media for OSU and SJSU to see if they are saying anything.
"We have an unwritten rule around here not to do anything stupid."
-Casey Jacobsen, Feb 3, 2000
