09-29-2021, 12:03 PM
(09-29-2021, 01:40 AM)Snorlax94 Wrote:IMHO - There will be more fans.(09-28-2021, 11:38 PM)teejers1 Wrote:(09-28-2021, 11:23 PM)CompSci87 Wrote: I'm with Goose in feeling this will be worse for those not coming more than 2 hours early to tailgate.
There will be fewer fans in attendance this Saturday, as compared to the UCLA game . . . right?
Unfortunately, my recollection is that Oregon pulls a lot of fans, especially when their team is doing well.
So I think there will be a lot more Oregon fans this week than UCLA fans last week, and they will be loud.
As for Stanford fans, I don’t know. I only know that I will be there.
UCLA had a mini-band, four cheerleaders, and a few hundred fans.
Oregon will be there in force. This Oregon team is oh so close to the CFP now. The game at Stanford and the game at UCLA are probably the two biggest challenges remaining on the schedule. So I would expect Oregon will bring a full band, their full collection of cheerleaders and loads of fans. As the State of Oregon has a similar vaxx or recent test scheme, the logistics at a less than capacity venue will just not be that daunting to them.
I have suspected the Stanford AD is not tracking vaccination status for privacy reasons. Those that start handling and storing medical information do have some duty to protect it even if they are not a health care organization. The political and legal pitfalls were probably too great to try that path. It would be nice for the USA to have a vaccine passport system like many other developed economies have created for their citizens, but that's a non-starter in the USA in 2021.
FWIW - I have always thought the 72 hour negative test concept is just crazy.
Imagine in a suspected DUI setting.
"Officer, 63 hours ago I successfully completed a sobriety test. So no need for a sobriety test now. Right ;)"
Sounds crazy... now imagine a comparable situation in our football game setting.
"Stadium entry staff, I have an uncontrollable cough and a fever of 101.5. But 63 hours ago I got a negative result on a COVID-19 test, so I can go to my seat now. Right ;)"

