09-26-2012, 05:06 PM
Great analysis 81alum.
I have never seen Green play, but she is the tallest of the three 2011 guards. I like Orrange's game. She is smart, efficient, and did I mention smart (great assist:turnover #). Camp is savy and fearless from what I saw in the UCONN game. I hope she's not rusty from injury and that we see her tenacity early in the season. Going back to Orrange- in the semifinal game against Baylor, I could see that she was holding back. I know going against a ruthless defender like Sims isn't an easy task but lets hope we see an improvement to show up against that kind of guard competition this season.
Stanford has always been known for being a BIG team. But you are right, we definitely have more of a guard "surplus" this season. Bebee's second ACL tear is a bit of a bummer but i am very excited to see how Picknell develops. I am definitely getting an Appel/Dolson vibe from her.
Also, I'm looking forward to Greenfield and Samuelson this season. Their abilities to play outside and inside is always an asset. With their heights, 6'3/6'2 ish, I would like to be able to see their physical strength improve and help defend bigger bodied center and power forwards with their length. If newly committed Kailee Johnson can develop a midrange shot (I believe she played post most of her hs career) she would be a force the next four years after this season.
Sara James' limited minutes these past two years have surprised me. Following her at Oak Ridge, her rank jump going into her senior year had me really excited to see her make an impact once she got to Stanford. Anyone have any insight on her? Still love her game though.
I have never seen Green play, but she is the tallest of the three 2011 guards. I like Orrange's game. She is smart, efficient, and did I mention smart (great assist:turnover #). Camp is savy and fearless from what I saw in the UCONN game. I hope she's not rusty from injury and that we see her tenacity early in the season. Going back to Orrange- in the semifinal game against Baylor, I could see that she was holding back. I know going against a ruthless defender like Sims isn't an easy task but lets hope we see an improvement to show up against that kind of guard competition this season.
Stanford has always been known for being a BIG team. But you are right, we definitely have more of a guard "surplus" this season. Bebee's second ACL tear is a bit of a bummer but i am very excited to see how Picknell develops. I am definitely getting an Appel/Dolson vibe from her.
Also, I'm looking forward to Greenfield and Samuelson this season. Their abilities to play outside and inside is always an asset. With their heights, 6'3/6'2 ish, I would like to be able to see their physical strength improve and help defend bigger bodied center and power forwards with their length. If newly committed Kailee Johnson can develop a midrange shot (I believe she played post most of her hs career) she would be a force the next four years after this season.
Sara James' limited minutes these past two years have surprised me. Following her at Oak Ridge, her rank jump going into her senior year had me really excited to see her make an impact once she got to Stanford. Anyone have any insight on her? Still love her game though.