09-26-2012, 10:07 PM
(09-26-2012, 05:06 PM)SControl link Wrote:Sara James' limited minutes these past two years have surprised me. Following her at Oak Ridge, her rank jump going into her senior year had me really excited to see her make an impact once she got to Stanford. Anyone have any insight on her? Still love her game though.That is a good question. I've also been waiting for a breakout. Usually, though, the players who are going to start at some point will have shown something special by the second half of their sophomore year. I watched Sara pretty carefully last year thinking it would be her turn to do really well and earn more minutes. My impressions were that she did everything well except shoot accurately. She had .256 three point shooting and .305 overall.
You know, I really wonder about three point shooting. When I was looking through the archival records I would often come across famous Stanford players who would shoot 42% one year and 28% the next. Their mechanics or skill didn't just vanish. Take Lindy, who shot .273 last year, .386 the previous year. Or Toni, who shot .282 last year but .415 her frosh year. Why does that happen? It can't just be random and the coaches must do everything in their power to get them back on track.
Maybe this is the year that Sara will "go off" on a hot shooting streak and earn more time.Â
