I am new on here so I am unfamiliar with who exactly "Lindy" is (I am familiar with the website) but a Top 25 list was posted on the ESPN forum.
Not that I believe this list has any merit but can someone explain why Duke and Maryland would be ranked higher than Stanford? I know losing the #1 WNBA draft pick to graduation can be seen as a "big loss" to some, but we also gain new talent (albeit one is injured) return a good bench, players to injury, and promising players that did very well last season.
*We were also ranked 5th in the ESPN preseason list last season behind Baylor, ND, Tenn, and Conn but I am having a little trouble seeing Duke and Maryland's jump.
Quote:Lindy's full top 25
1. Baylor
2. Connecticut
3. Duke
4. Maryland
5. Stanford
6. Louisville
7. Kentucky
8. Penn State
9. Notre Dame
10. Delaware
11. Georgia
12. St. Johns
13. Oklahoma
14. California
15. Oklahoma State
16. West Virginia
17. Purdue
18. Texas A&M
19. Nebraska
20. Vanderbilt
21. Texas
22. Iowa State
23. Tennessee
24. Middle Tennessee
25. San Diego State
Not that I believe this list has any merit but can someone explain why Duke and Maryland would be ranked higher than Stanford? I know losing the #1 WNBA draft pick to graduation can be seen as a "big loss" to some, but we also gain new talent (albeit one is injured) return a good bench, players to injury, and promising players that did very well last season.
*We were also ranked 5th in the ESPN preseason list last season behind Baylor, ND, Tenn, and Conn but I am having a little trouble seeing Duke and Maryland's jump.