5 hours ago
No, WF went for two in the first quarter and made it known that they were going to press their advantage throughout. Their fourth quarter strategy was to score, a lot. You can reference the injury list as to why the defense wasn't more competitive. WF was under no obligation to not run up the score, and they did so.
I've lived through this season before: https://gostanford.com/sports/football/s...eason/2006 and that was a 1-11 season. We're already better than that, but I'm not predicting too much more than that.
Stanford Football needs to figure out their talent situation. Andrew Luck was a freshman in 2008, which means despite the '06 and '07 seasons, he still came to Stanford. There are still players out there who want the Stanford experience, and this coaching staff will have to navigate the NIL landscape to find them (and their parents).
We can complain all we want, but I highly doubt anyone here is donating enough money to the linemen's NIL funds to claim that they're not getting a return on investment. You want better talent in this sport, you donate money. You want your team to win, you donate money. This is the game of college football now, and either the fans/boosters pony up, or they watch their teams take hits from other teams whose donors do pony up.
I think TP and AL are doing the best with what they have, and right now they have a MASH unit operating with a donor base that has so much more room to grow, if I'm being charitable.
I've lived through this season before: https://gostanford.com/sports/football/s...eason/2006 and that was a 1-11 season. We're already better than that, but I'm not predicting too much more than that.
Stanford Football needs to figure out their talent situation. Andrew Luck was a freshman in 2008, which means despite the '06 and '07 seasons, he still came to Stanford. There are still players out there who want the Stanford experience, and this coaching staff will have to navigate the NIL landscape to find them (and their parents).
We can complain all we want, but I highly doubt anyone here is donating enough money to the linemen's NIL funds to claim that they're not getting a return on investment. You want better talent in this sport, you donate money. You want your team to win, you donate money. This is the game of college football now, and either the fans/boosters pony up, or they watch their teams take hits from other teams whose donors do pony up.
I think TP and AL are doing the best with what they have, and right now they have a MASH unit operating with a donor base that has so much more room to grow, if I'm being charitable.
