08-02-2023, 05:19 PM
(08-02-2023, 02:25 PM)Leftcoast Wrote: Let's see .... Stanford gets as little as 50% while the LA traitors get a full payout? And the remaining Pac 12 schools are left homeless with nothing. Western regional college sports are driven into a outpost ghetto of the Southern and Mid-Western schools. Do I have that right? We no longer need to talk about something as simple as an Eastern bias. We can begin talking about West Coast subjugation.
I suppose we'd be foolish not to jump on that opportunity but it tastes bitter. Very, very bitter.
Sometimes I wonder why my love for college sports wavers but moments like this mean I don't wonder for very long.
You have it exactly right. When you don’t emphasize the revenue sports but focus on the Directors Cup, when you shut down hard for .Covid while the rest of the athletic world plays and when you have a third rate Commissioner who enriches himself but fails in every way in his job this is where you wind up.
I take solace in the fact that a 50% share of Big 10 media revenues is far more than the reported $20m we would get from a new PAC? Share and considerably more than we are getting now. We were in a stronger position a year ago and we are in a stronger position now than we will be in a year. We made very bad decisions and have lost the war. We could do an old South thing and fight on forever or accept reality and move on. As some one else said, it’s time to play the long game and not make future athletes and fans pay for continued errors of judgement,
Let’s just hope the Big 10 includes us. The SEC won’t and thee are only two games in town.
