Has to be Bonnie Warner, a contemporary of mine at Stanford although I didn't know her.
At one point she brought Street Luge sleds to streets in Menlo Park (If my memory serves?) to let Bay Area folks try the sport and find new athletes. Also picked up Bobsled at an Olympic level and later learned to fly becoming a pilot for United and an executive at Jet Blue and Joby. (I just learned the Joby career track).
What a life! She's followed her passions to take risks, learn, and master new disciplines. By my count she leaned Field Hockey as an adolescent followed by Luge, Bob Sled, and Flying as an adult. Plus C-Level business management.
I'll go huddle in a corner and lament the relative tameness of my own life choices.
At one point she brought Street Luge sleds to streets in Menlo Park (If my memory serves?) to let Bay Area folks try the sport and find new athletes. Also picked up Bobsled at an Olympic level and later learned to fly becoming a pilot for United and an executive at Jet Blue and Joby. (I just learned the Joby career track).
What a life! She's followed her passions to take risks, learn, and master new disciplines. By my count she leaned Field Hockey as an adolescent followed by Luge, Bob Sled, and Flying as an adult. Plus C-Level business management.
I'll go huddle in a corner and lament the relative tameness of my own life choices.
In 1938 Neville Chamberlain declared "Peace in our time", Superman first appeared in Action Comics, Seabiscuit beat War Admiral ....... and C.a.l last won the Rose Bowl.
