3 hours ago
2026: Annus Horribilis
What is the point spread now for Elon?
What is the point spread now for Elon?
(4 hours ago)KartyFan Wrote:I can’t argue with your back ranking. Those guys were really good.(4 hours ago)Mudhead Wrote:(5 hours ago)ADPinWDC Wrote: So, we have 3rd and 12... and call a 4 yard pass play... ?
WAKE expects to score when they get the ball.
We struggle to get first downs.
With Gerhart or Taylor or McCaff (and the TWU) we would lean forward on every play.
Now we don't.
The difference is not between Gerhardt, Taylor , McCall and Ford any Irvin …. It’s between the offensive lines in front of the backs. Ford is a very, very good running back. The first hit on him is much more likely to be behind the line of scrimmage or at it then even a hard past it . all of our rushing yards are “after contact”. If we don’t get an offensive line we won’t be able to attract or keep good running backs.
Injuries are a significant part of our O Line problems . But the maturity and talent level between our O line and the D lines we face is large.
I agree, although I would rank Toby (duh) and Stepfan above Micah. Stepfan’s vision was incredible. But to your point, he’s not setting Stanford career rushing records if he plays with us this decade.
(4 hours ago)KartyFan Wrote:I can’t argue with your back ranking. Those guys were really good.(4 hours ago)Mudhead Wrote:(5 hours ago)ADPinWDC Wrote: So, we have 3rd and 12... and call a 4 yard pass play... ?
WAKE expects to score when they get the ball.
We struggle to get first downs.
With Gerhart or Taylor or McCaff (and the TWU) we would lean forward on every play.
Now we don't.
The difference is not between Gerhardt, Taylor , McCall and Ford any Irvin …. It’s between the offensive lines in front of the backs. Ford is a very, very good running back. The first hit on him is much more likely to be behind the line of scrimmage or at it then even a hard past it . all of our rushing yards are “after contact”. If we don’t get an offensive line we won’t be able to attract or keep good running backs.
Injuries are a significant part of our O Line problems . But the maturity and talent level between our O line and the D lines we face is large.
I agree, although I would rank Toby (duh) and Stepfan above Micah. Stepfan’s vision was incredible. But to your point, he’s not setting Stanford career rushing records if he plays with us this decade.
(3 hours ago)Mudhead Wrote:(4 hours ago)KartyFan Wrote:I can’t argue with your back ranking. Those guys were really good.(4 hours ago)Mudhead Wrote:(5 hours ago)ADPinWDC Wrote: So, we have 3rd and 12... and call a 4 yard pass play... ?
WAKE expects to score when they get the ball.
We struggle to get first downs.
With Gerhart or Taylor or McCaff (and the TWU) we would lean forward on every play.
Now we don't.
The difference is not between Gerhardt, Taylor , McCall and Ford any Irvin …. It’s between the offensive lines in front of the backs. Ford is a very, very good running back. The first hit on him is much more likely to be behind the line of scrimmage or at it then even a hard past it . all of our rushing yards are “after contact”. If we don’t get an offensive line we won’t be able to attract or keep good running backs.
Injuries are a significant part of our O Line problems . But the maturity and talent level between our O line and the D lines we face is large.
I agree, although I would rank Toby (duh) and Stepfan above Micah. Stepfan’s vision was incredible. But to your point, he’s not setting Stanford career rushing records if he plays with us this decade.
(3 hours ago)Mudhead Wrote:(4 hours ago)KartyFan Wrote:I can’t argue with your back ranking. Those guys were really good.(4 hours ago)Mudhead Wrote:(5 hours ago)ADPinWDC Wrote: So, we have 3rd and 12... and call a 4 yard pass play... ?
WAKE expects to score when they get the ball.
We struggle to get first downs.
With Gerhart or Taylor or McCaff (and the TWU) we would lean forward on every play.
Now we don't.
The difference is not between Gerhardt, Taylor , McCall and Ford any Irvin …. It’s between the offensive lines in front of the backs. Ford is a very, very good running back. The first hit on him is much more likely to be behind the line of scrimmage or at it then even a hard past it . all of our rushing yards are “after contact”. If we don’t get an offensive line we won’t be able to attract or keep good running backs.
Injuries are a significant part of our O Line problems . But the maturity and talent level between our O line and the D lines we face is large.
I agree, although I would rank Toby (duh) and Stepfan above Micah. Stepfan’s vision was incredible. But to your point, he’s not setting Stanford career rushing records if he plays with us this decade.
(3 hours ago)KartyFan Wrote: Well, I tend to be on the optimistic side of this board, but there is pretty much nothing positive to take away from this game. A few 6-8 yard runs up the middle is about the best I can give. And good for Kenney to see one go through the uprights from 40+
Only sense for optimism is that we have already successfully flushed a bad loss this year. Although this one was almost twice as bad as the Duke game.
Any guesses at the spread against ND? 35 points?
(3 hours ago)KartyFan Wrote: Well, I tend to be on the optimistic side of this board, but there is pretty much nothing positive to take away from this game. A few 6-8 yard runs up the middle is about the best I can give. And good for Kenney to see one go through the uprights from 40+
Only sense for optimism is that we have already successfully flushed a bad loss this year. Although this one was almost twice as bad as the Duke game.
Any guesses at the spread against ND? 35 points?
(1 hour ago)MV72018 Wrote:(3 hours ago)KartyFan Wrote: Well, I tend to be on the optimistic side of this board, but there is pretty much nothing positive to take away from this game. A few 6-8 yard runs up the middle is about the best I can give. And good for Kenney to see one go through the uprights from 40+
Only sense for optimism is that we have already successfully flushed a bad loss this year. Although this one was almost twice as bad as the Duke game.
Any guesses at the spread against ND? 35 points?
50 or 60 is more realistic.
(1 hour ago)MV72018 Wrote:(3 hours ago)KartyFan Wrote: Well, I tend to be on the optimistic side of this board, but there is pretty much nothing positive to take away from this game. A few 6-8 yard runs up the middle is about the best I can give. And good for Kenney to see one go through the uprights from 40+
Only sense for optimism is that we have already successfully flushed a bad loss this year. Although this one was almost twice as bad as the Duke game.
Any guesses at the spread against ND? 35 points?
50 or 60 is more realistic.