09-23-2026, 11:26 AM
Jackets: Hold my beer.
Last year I would have been confident. Before the first three games this year, somewhat confident. Now, who knows? As someone on one of the Tech sites said, paraphrasing: How on earth did the Stanford game become existential to the season?
Mostly hoping this isn't some doppelganger event to that 1986 Braves-Giants game I went to while in grad school. But I did get a Croix as two teams trying to lose their 101st game battled into extras. And it was cold.
Bunch of friends from undergraduate days are out for the game, extending to see the sites, so I'll have fun either way. I cannot by law wear red to a Tech game, so going all GT with the gear. Look for the guy wearing a Navy Sprint Football cap.
Brent Key on his impressions of Stanford and Tavita who lost his starting position to 'some guy that works there now, I think.'
Last year I would have been confident. Before the first three games this year, somewhat confident. Now, who knows? As someone on one of the Tech sites said, paraphrasing: How on earth did the Stanford game become existential to the season?
Mostly hoping this isn't some doppelganger event to that 1986 Braves-Giants game I went to while in grad school. But I did get a Croix as two teams trying to lose their 101st game battled into extras. And it was cold.
Bunch of friends from undergraduate days are out for the game, extending to see the sites, so I'll have fun either way. I cannot by law wear red to a Tech game, so going all GT with the gear. Look for the guy wearing a Navy Sprint Football cap.
Brent Key on his impressions of Stanford and Tavita who lost his starting position to 'some guy that works there now, I think.'
